Monday, May 21, 2007

I REALLY Like Some of Our Modern Inventions...

I have to say that I really like some of our modern stuff. I especially am grateful for the washer and drier. Every time I hear or read about how they used to do stuff even just 50 years ago, I cringe. I mean...some people didn't have driers. They HAD to hang the stuff up outside. Now, I know there are lots of people who LOVE the smell of outdoor dried clothes, but to me they are all stiff and hard...no thanks. I love my driers.

Yes, I said driers. I have two of them. We have 7 children - have I mentioned that before? And
in doing laundry, my hubby decided that it would better served for my time and effectiveness of getting through the mountain of laundry we routinely have in our laundry room - to have two driers. I thought it was a bit much at first, but I've quickly learned it was the best thing he ever came up with. Second best would be two washers, but lets not get ahead of ourselves.

My hubby has long since promoted drying the clothes outside on a clothes line, and I've always objected. As I stated, I don't like the ways the clothes feel hung outside. I still have visions of the old pants driers for jeans so that they wouldn't shrink as they dried...never worked in my opinion. Remember them? The little metal frames that you stuck in the pants and then hung the whole contraption out to dry? I'm sure any kid from today's world would run away screaming...

No thank you. I'll stick with my wonderful washer and drier and I'm ever so thankful to whoever invented the modern version...

No comments:

Wow... really??

so - I didn't realize it has been that long since my last post.  I think I kind of gave up on it, knowing I don't have many follower...