Thursday, August 23, 2007

Day of Rest

Yesterday I got to play almost all day with my daughters! It was so much fun, and I don't get to do it often now that one has moved out. We went to lunch with some neighbors, and then they insisted on taking me to see the Bourne Ultimatum.

If you haven't had a chance to see it yet, and like the first two movies, you want to see this one. The first half is totally mind blowing, the second half is more brutal. So, I guess you could say it has something for everyone. lol

After the movie, to which my niece came as well, we decided to get the rest of the family and go swimming. Nothing like playing for the whole day, right? Well, my niece is going off to school this weekend, so we were enjoying her company while we could.

And then the typical thing happened while we were in the pool...a thunder storm moved in. Sigh. We have been kicked out of the pool three times now for lighting! It's getting old. We watched the clouds roll in, wondering how long they were going to give us. Sure enough, they blew the whistle and kicked everyone out with 35 minutes left to swim. Oh well...we were ready to leave anyway.

Turned out to be a good thing because our oldest daughter had left to go to her night class and ended up getting stuck because her car wouldn't start. Dad to the rescue!

It was a busy day. Same ol', same ol', huh? In other words, life as a mom!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like you had a blast. Alvin and I are hoping to see The Bourne Ultimatum on Saturday. I don't know if we're going to swing it now. We have a funeral, Alvin's dialysis, a birthday party, visiting nieces (opposites ends of the valley of course), Stake Conference and game night at a friend's house. Maybe between the party and conference? Or, I could just wait until Wednesday, which is Alvin's day off. I REALLY want to see that movie.

G. Parker said...

Wait till Wednesday and go to a matinee...then you'll really enjoy it!!

Wow... really??

so - I didn't realize it has been that long since my last post.  I think I kind of gave up on it, knowing I don't have many follower...