Thursday, August 30, 2007

Give me Sleep!

Remember how I mentioned during the summer that I really need 8 hours sleep? here it is the second day of school, and we ended up having a emotional meltdown with a SON last night and didn't get to bed until almost midnight. UGH!

And I was supposed to get up at 6 am and get everyone moving? Didn't happen. I didn't even hear hubby get up and go swimming. He had to come home and wake everyone up. Good thing he did, I was dead to the world. He was like, "bad night?" I just looked at him with my half shut eyes, wondering where his night had been spent. How do some people get by on 6 hours sleep?? I'm sure he'll be falling asleep at work again though...I know him.
Anyway...onto life. If I didn't have tennis this morning (my favorite sport in the world) I would go back to bed when my youngest got on the bus. sigh. I might still crawl back in for a few minutes...
"The Seamonkey has my money..."

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I need my solid eight too . . . I was up until 3 last night reading Eclipse because our nephew came over and stayed visiting until 1:00. It was wonderful to have him here and to really get the conversation in before football season starts. But I was dying to find out what happened in Stephenie Meyer's Eclipse. So there I was, stupid me, reading. Turned the last page at 2:45 --- so I have no one to blame but myself.

G. Parker said...

Been there, done that! sigh. Usually on a night where I just can't sleep for some reason. So...was it worth the late night? lol

Karlene said...

I saw title of your blog on my feed and had to come read it. I usually need a full night's sleep or I'm no good. But occasionally I suffer from terrible bouts of insomnia.

For example, I got up at 6:30 a.m. yesterday and have not slept since. I wasn't feeling anxious or stressed or anything like that. Just couldn't get my brain to turn off.

So I played UB all night. :)

Tristi Pinkston said...

Sleep is a good thing. A very good thing. I enjoy it immensely, when I get some. I have found, though, that you can do just about whatever you need to, if you're pushed that far without sleep. It's not pleasant, but it can be done.

Wow... really??

so - I didn't realize it has been that long since my last post.  I think I kind of gave up on it, knowing I don't have many follower...