Monday, October 22, 2007

It Was a Dream?

Have you ever gone on a trip and within a day or so of getting home feel like you never went? I've been feeling that way about Hawaii. Possibly because I was so conflicted about going, and possibly because I missed my hubby so bad -- but whatever the reason, it's strange when I think about it.

I purchased some little bracelets while I was there (among the other little souvenirs). One of them has little shells mixed with the beads. I wear them to remind me that the trip actually took place and of the folly of the human (or carnal) mind and my mistakes. I figure that they are a physical reminder of the choices we make and the consequences.

Looking back on that crazy Sunday when I left and the emotional uproar, I would now choose to stay home. Although, upon some reflection, it seemed to be something my family needed to go through. sigh.

I have been blessed with so many things. So many gifts, physically or materially and spiritually. While my life is not perfect, it is good. It is rich with color and beauty, my children are blessings and my hubby is the best. There isn't much else I could ask or wish for.

I just wish I were doing more that qualified for all the many blessings I have. My writing, for example. Is it proceeding in the way the Lord would have it go? Am I making enough of an effort?

I don't think so. It will be nice to start Nano in November -- I'll be able to focus on that talent in the way it needs to be right now. And that reminds me...my posts will probably be short during November, but they will still be made. You'll be curious about Nano, right? lol

4 comments:

julie said...

I really loved your comments and they were uplifting.

Julie
www.julie-musingsofamom.blogspot.com

Karlene said...

I don't think we ever really earn our blessings. As soon as we do something good, we get blessed again. I think we just need to take the gift and say thank you.

Anonymous said...

cute post. i can relate. sometimes i wonder things like did i dream that or did that really happen. cute how you said you wear the bracelets to remind you that the experiences were real. don't be so hard on yourself, we can often times be our own worst critic, but if you feel you need to make some adjustments, there is probably some validity to it. just be kind to yourself along the way as you make your adjustments. did you think to pray? best to you, kathleen :)

Tristi Pinkston said...

Doesn't it just stink that we have to make the mistake in order to appreciate the thing we learned by making it? Wouldn't it be nice if we could just be told about it, and nod sagely, and be smarter, just talking about it? I know I'd like that . . .

Wow... really??

so - I didn't realize it has been that long since my last post.  I think I kind of gave up on it, knowing I don't have many follower...