Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Timing is Everything

Last Friday our fridge died. We didn't know this until Saturday morning when the whole freezer was defrosted and draining onto the floor and the fridge was warm. sigh. We spent the whole morning cleaning it out, getting what was still good out into the snow (thank heavens there was plenty of it) and getting to the back of the fridge to see if my hubby (who is great at repairing things) could fix it. Unfortunately, it was not to be. So...we spent the entire rest of the day shopping for a new fridge.

Now...if any of you have done such a thing in the past year, you know the sticker shock we faced. And...Sears wouldn't give us a larger credit limit, so we went home. We had already looked on KSL.com, and found a set of double ovens that work for only $150, (I already had a double oven, but the top hasn't worked for at least 5 years) so that was a bright spot. We got home after picking them up and looked up fridges again, and found one for $200! We went out and picked it up, came home and installed it and went to bed. Need I say we are now on the early schedule and we didn't get to bed before midnight?

We are also frustrated because we have a smaller space for fridge than we'd like. We've seen so many that we absolutely love, only to find we couldn't fit them in our space. My hubby is about ready to tear out the cabinets and shift everything over. sigh. I'm not sure I'm ready to face that quite yet...

At least we have one that works! We'll just have to figure how to stuff everything in there...

1 comment:

Sandra said...

Yea, happened to me in Aug- no snow to store the food. I was up the wazzoo with coolers and ice. But, even though the fridge was fairly expensive, it was worth it. So when hubby wants to move the cupboards keep repeating that- it will be worth it, it will be wort it ;)

Wow... really??

so - I didn't realize it has been that long since my last post.  I think I kind of gave up on it, knowing I don't have many follower...