Friday, May 02, 2008

Is it Real or Is it Memorex...

Remember that old commercial? Well, I think it has lots to do with our lives. My husband has been struggling with the idea of going back to school. It's not something you consider lightly at our age, and he's worried about the expense, the time, etc. We've prayed about it forever, but he never feels like he's gotten an answer. Instead, he feel that something is always getting in his way to stop him. Same thing with exercise -- but that's another topic.

For example: We've had issues with our internet connection in the past, but over the past couple of months we haven't had any problems. It's on all the time, never blips out and remains steady. Until Wednesday. See, he had to do a conference call, and look at a powerpoint presentation at the same time as the call. Suddenly, the internet was down and he couldn't look at the powerpoint. sigh.

Then, yesterday, he had his first assignment he was doing. The internet's been up most of the day, does down the minute he sends the first part of the assignment, before he can send the second part. Seem a bit odd to you? Did to me too...but it's always the same thing. It's taken since January to get this whole thing going because they had lost part of his information and we had to resend it.

One could blame it on gremlins in the wires, opposition in all things, or one could wonder if the Lord is trying to tell us something. Something we haven't been able to hear yet. My first impulse is that satan is REALLY working overtime on this puppy and couldn't he just give it a break? I mean, good grief!

My hubbies first impression is that perhaps he isn't supposed to be doing this. sigh. I think it's time to go talk to the Bishop, but I don't know if he will. It's just another road block in the many we've had in the past couple of years. It's hard for him to be positive about it.

1 comment:

Tristi Pinkston said...

Hey there,

I need your final word count for the BIAM, please!!

Wow... really??

so - I didn't realize it has been that long since my last post.  I think I kind of gave up on it, knowing I don't have many follower...