Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Party Weekend and Mother's Day

Wow...what a weekend. We had my son's bday party on Friday, the first available time since his real bday in April. It was crazy, all the people he invited came to the movie (I won't want to take 12 kids to the movies any time soon...ouch!) and then to our house for rootbeer floats. It was great fun, they were good kids, and I took a picture of them in front of the banner on the garage. We got a bunch of tiki lamps and made a pathway to the back yard, and had balloons everywhere, it was just way fun. sigh. Makes me want to be a kid again. I never had a party... It's been fun to give one to my own children.

Mother's day was way fun. I got breakfast in bed, and wasn't allowed near the kitchen for the rest of the day. I love that aspect of the day, let me tell you. Although, sometimes what comes out of it is less than desired, this years offering was wonderful. We went to my mother-in-law's for dinner, provided by my hubby. It was wonderful grilled (marinated) chicken. man! We haven't ever tried it before, and it was mouth watering and tender! He also made me strawberry pie...a traditional favorite. He always makes two -- one to share, one for ME! grin.

He's a wonder, let me tell you. Have I mentioned how much I love him? ;)
Anyway...great weekend. Now for the week ahead, I'm not sure, but it's looking to be a crazy one. I hope you ladies all had a wonderful Mother's day!!

1 comment:

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend. Happy late Mother's Day.

Wow... really??

so - I didn't realize it has been that long since my last post.  I think I kind of gave up on it, knowing I don't have many follower...