Friday, April 24, 2009

In Retrospect...

It's been almost a year since I started writing blogs for Yourldsneighborhood. What started out as an exciting foray into the world of public journalism, grew into a stress that I've only recently begun to wonder if it was worth it.

Thankfully, or unfortunately, before I had to seriously give thought to resigning, the option was taken out of my hands. Last Friday (or this past Monday) was the last blog I will have written for those good folks. I appreciate their willingness to let me attempt descriptions of the world of art, and the chance to stretch my wings a little. I have grown a lot.

Now I can take some time to get some serious work done on the work I have in progress. I appreciate the opportunity this has given me, and I want to thank those of you who stuck with me, even when perhaps my subjects were not interesting.

Now, it will take a little time to get back into the swing of blogging for the fun of it. Perhaps you'll be more interested in my little tidbits than my artful thoughts...grin. Who knows.

But anyway...we're back to normal now.

1 comment:

Cindy Beck, author said...

Actually, I really enjoyed your blogs on art, and hope that you'll still do one, every once in a while.

Wow... really??

so - I didn't realize it has been that long since my last post.  I think I kind of gave up on it, knowing I don't have many follower...