Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Family Home Evening Helpers


I had the opportunity to evaluate a book for use in Family Home Evenings this past month, it was really fun and I'm a sucker for a free book! I wasn't sure what to expect - other than it's the second in a series of helps from Diane Kirkpatrick. Apparently there are several different kinds of 52 weeks of Family Night.

The one I got to look at was 52 More Weeks of Family Night. It came with a CD with downloadable activities.

It's very simple - it's not a full lesson plan, it's simply a suggestion of activities for different subjects. I had my 16 year old teach a lesson out of it on Tithing, and he wasn't sure what to do (he's autistic and wasn't happy to be teaching anyway ;) ) Fortunately, it was easy for him to print up the chosen activity and he was able to give us the general idea from what they'd provided.

So, if you're in a rush and need something easy, this is your best bet. It's not a huge book, it's not very costly, and I think it would make a great addition to the Family Home Evening library. Go check it out!

No comments:

Wow... really??

so - I didn't realize it has been that long since my last post.  I think I kind of gave up on it, knowing I don't have many follower...