Friday, December 05, 2014

More Craziness - Happy Friday!





Sachertorte DSC03027 retouched.jpg


Well...as I mentioned the other day, I'm trying to blog more on the lighter things in life, so here is today's post.  ;)
Happy Friday!  And boy, is there lots to celebrate today!! 
Not the least of which is International Ninja day!!  Coolness!  I think all of us have a bit of Ninja, especially us moms and grandmas...you have to be on your toes with kids in public places -- you never know what they're gonna do or when!!  lol  And don't they say that moms have eyes in the back of their heads?  I'd say that was Ninja like.  ;)
It's also Bathtub Party day...which for those of you who like to take baths...bubbles are required, lol.  Might be a little TMI for most of us...  ;)
Faux Fur Friday - I guess that's a promotion of the PETA people...sorry guys, I have a coat I bought at DI last year that has real rabbit fur on the hood!!  Anyone want to come to my house and feel it, lol?? (don't hate me!)
National Salesperson day...well, I guess that's for all those that work in retail during the Christmas season...smile next time you go shopping, right?
Then we have Sachertorte Day.  Anyone ever hear of a Sachertorte before??  I hadn't, so I looked it up on Wikipedia (the worlds most inaccurate dictionary, but user friendly, lol) and this is what they said:
"Sachertorte is a specific type of chocolate cake, or torte, invented by Austrian Franz Sacher in 1832 for Prince Wenzel von Metternich in Vienna, Austria. It is one of the most famous Viennese culinary specialties"
(this is their photo by the way - all credit to them!!)

Hm....didn't know you were going to be educated, huh?....

huh - okay, a little too much of that - onto the last celebration of the day...
It's World Soil Day!!  Yes people, we are celebrating the dirt beneath our feet!  ;)  For those of us who are not really into dirt...that's like eww - dirty.  ;)
So I'd ignore that one, find some Sachertorte (or a cheesecake, looks awfully similar to me) and relax.
I mean hey, it's FRIDAY!!  and there are only 20 days left till Christmas!! (I sound like the little man on top of the building by the clock in The Grinch..."20 more days till Christmas!")

No comments:

Wow... really??

so - I didn't realize it has been that long since my last post.  I think I kind of gave up on it, knowing I don't have many follower...