Monday, August 24, 2015

It's Monday and...

The first day of school for our area...
 hundreds of parents taking their kids to the first day of kindergarten, etc.  I don't remember it being such a big thing when I was a kid, but then, I don't really remember being in kindergarten.  ;)

Needless to say, we didn't take our kids to school...we took photos of them and sent them on their way.

Hm...

So - it's also a couple of fun wacky holidays.  Today is
National Waffle Iron day.
So - if you like waffles, it's a good day to pull out the waffle iron and cook up some.  We made Zucchini waffles...and they were pretty good.  I'll be writing them up on my cooking blog.  ;)


It's also William Wilberforce Day.
 I have to admit, before the movie Amazing Grace came out, I'd never heard of the man.  Great movie, nice story.  Not entirely true to life, but it's good...  ;)  Hm...we should have watched that!

It's also Knife day, but I don't know what that's about - I just figured I'd mention it in honor of my brother.  He makes knives as a hobby, and he's awesome at it.
Here's a letter opener he made for my daughter...it's dang sharp and we keep it so that no one accidentally sticks themselves with it...lol

Hope everyone had a great weekend...I can't believe it's toward the end of August already.

Our son just announced that they want to change their wedding date to the end of September...so we're in for a bit of stress...they want to hold it in our back yard, like our daughter did...sigh...
Wish us luck!!  

Have a good one...  ;)



No comments:

Wow... really??

so - I didn't realize it has been that long since my last post.  I think I kind of gave up on it, knowing I don't have many follower...