Thursday, October 22, 2015

Is It Friday Yet? sigh...

Okay - you know it's going to be a long week when you think Tuesday is Friday!!!  All day I had to keep reminding myself that we'd only just begun....ARGH!  I don't get it...except for perhaps the long weekend last week made it hard to go back to work.  Oh well.  Today we have a couple of fun things...so perhaps it will make it a great Thursday!  See...I do know what day of the week it is, lol.

Caps Lock Day.  Okay, so I remember my daughter commenting on someone saying they were mad at her on Facebook.  Her comment to us was, "What are they going to do?  Caps Lock me?"  Used to be using the caps lock key was for something very important, for emphasis.  Now it means someone is angry with you and you are getting a text that is equivalent to a howler (in potter-eese) lol. I'm not sure why they would want to celebrate it....brownielocks (the site I refer to) removed the link they had because of profanity.  Groan.  really?? 
So...
National Nut Day!  For those of you who love nuts (like me) Are a nut, lol (again like me) this is your day!!  I just love the texture of nuts in things...love to munch on almonds...especially the ones my hubby found in Costco that are dark chocolate covered almonds sprinkled with a little sea salt.

I could have skipped the salt, but the chocolate part is dang good...

Smart is Cool Day.  I think we've been trying to convince people of this since the word 'nerd' was coined.  It might finally becoming a reality, but not in elementary schools...sigh.  If you watch the TV series Scorpion, you'll see what I mean.  We love that show!!  Now if our daughter had just ignored the people who gave her a bad time about being smart in Jr high ( I know...don't you just love jr high??? NOT) (see....emphasis!! lol)  she might not be having such a hard time in college math now.  sigh.
Anyway -
last item was more of a community awareness thought...
International Stuttering Awareness Day.  I didn't realize it was that large of a problem, but apparently it is.  My youngest sons all had a speech problem that I thought was stuttering, but the SLP told us it was Studdering, which was something totally different.  Hm...  It still makes them feel awkward and they don't do well when speaking in front of groups or when reading outloud.  My boys have all since overcome it...
Hope you had a great week so far...remember we're having excellent fall weather!  We might not freeze on Halloween, but it could still happen.  I get to pick up a LARGE pumpkin at a neighbors house today, and I'm excited.  Don't know if we're going to attempt to carve it...would loose a grandchild doing that, lol.
Have a good one!!

No comments:

Wow... really??

so - I didn't realize it has been that long since my last post.  I think I kind of gave up on it, knowing I don't have many follower...