Thursday, October 15, 2015

Lucyyy....you have some splainin to do!!

Okay - so I couldn't not post today, it's I Love Lucy Day!!!  how could we miss that one??  I LOVED that show.  I watched the original ones in black and white...(oh boy, I guess that dates me...lol)  But anyway, had to remind everyone to be sure and watch your favorite episode today.  Because she totally rocks, ya know??  Though I love Lucile Ball in just about anything.  We have the movie she made with Henry Fonda, Yours Mine and Ours?  It's soooo perfect.  ;)  Here's one of my favorite episodes...



Anyway - in addition to that importance, it's Global Handwashing Day - as if you'd want to miss that...I guess they're trying to stress the importance of hand cleaning to third world countries??  Hm....most 5 year old's need to be reminded as well.  I promise...I have a 5 yr old granddaughter...

International Day of Rural Women.  Really??  People celebrate being rural??  OR are they trying to bring the city to the rural girl?  Not sure, and don't have the time to look it up this morning, so I'll just have fun with it.  What do you think??  I'm soooo not Rural.  Where we live was once considered rural, but my hubby doesn't call our youngest daughter 'city girl' for nothing.  ;)

National Cake Decorating day.  Hey!  that's a fun day...if I had any ambition, I'd decorate a cake.  But you see,...I did that two weeks ago.  And...that was good for now.  sigh.  My daughter-in-law liked it, so that's all that was important.  ;)  I've done lots of decorating, ya know.  I have 7 kids...and most of them liked fancy cakes.  I even made a pirate ship for one of them, and I thought it turned out pretty decent, but unfortunately I can't locate any photos on the computer...sigh.  So, you'll have to take my word for it, lol.  Here's a site that has some pretty neat ones...

National Grouch Day.  Hey - If I were more of a grouch, I would think this was my day, but I'm afraid I'm not, so if you know someone who is, then let them know they have an official day.  It might even cheer them up a little.  ;)

Well, enjoy this awesome fall day.  It's gorgeous!! 

No comments:

Wow... really??

so - I didn't realize it has been that long since my last post.  I think I kind of gave up on it, knowing I don't have many follower...