Tuesday, December 01, 2015

And so it begins...

So, today is the 1st day of December...and we begin the official countdown!
Can you believe how fast the past three months have gone??  I can't.  I thought October went fast and then November was gone before I knew it. I just hope December goes a little slower...I want to enjoy every day of it.
Today we have a couple of fun things, and a couple of serious things, so lets see how they go...

Antartica Day - For those of you who want to support the south pole, I guess. Actually, I guess a treaty was passed to make sure the area was for science and conservation.  I thought it was becoming a popular tourist attraction...  
 

Civil Air Patrol Day - I'm kind of excited to know that there is a civil air patrol day.  My father-in-law was a big participant in that, and went TDY all the time.  He went several places over seas, and brought back souvenirs for his family.  We have this large wood carved thing from the Philippines - looks like something about the pioneers...lol.  But it makes me think of him.  He passed away about 12 years ago.  sigh.
 
Rosa Parks Day - I think we all recognize the name, and it's kind of fun that she get's her own day.  The world has changed a great deal since then, though many think it hasn't changed at all. It's all a person's point of view...

Giving Tuesday - I thought this was kind of fun...apparently it always follows Cyber Monday.  I like it...it encourages goodness, right?  I have to recommend a video though...Studio C did a spoof that talked about cyber Monday...


though giving Tuesday is better... 😊

Hope you all have a great day!  Only 24 days left...and I tell you, this Grandma hasn't even started yet....sigh.

No comments:

Wow... really??

so - I didn't realize it has been that long since my last post.  I think I kind of gave up on it, knowing I don't have many follower...