Saturday, December 12, 2015

Gingerbread!

So, hopefully all of you are having a wonderful weekend.  :)  There wasn't anything interesting about Friday except we had a party we went to...one of our favorites that we get to help decorate the tables for.  I roped my daughter into helping with the centerpieces.  What else are daughters for, right?  lol 
So, today are some fun things to do with little kids, grandkids, or anyone who likes to enjoy themselves.  :) 

Gingerbread Decorating Day and, conveniently enough - Gingerbread House Day.
If you are into that and haven't made one yet, the kits are pretty easy.  My daughter did four little houses the night we made candy (it was an OLD kit...the candy was hard!) and my son and his wife did one larger house that turned out cute.  I'm not sure anyone does them from scratch anymore...though I think it would be fun.

National Cocoa Day - which I think goes well with gingerbread house day, don't you?

In case you want something really silly, it's National Lost Day tomorrowI'm not sure what that's about, but you can look it up.  I'm wondering if they are talking about the show...

and last -- Poinsettia DayMy hubby gets one every year for my mother-in-law, and she manages to make them survive for several months.  I think she even had one still alive by mother's day, but don't ask me for proof, lol. Did you know the majority of Poinsettias are grown in Spain? At least that was what I was told by my sister-in-law who brought me back a lovely porcelain poinsettia from there...but in the Brownielocks site, the link says that they are prominent in Mexico and were named for the ambassador there...so go figure.  You can research it further if you want, lol.
   
I get to go see Babes in Toyland at the Centerville theater tonight, so that's a fun date night with hubby.  :)  

Tomorrow is a concert at the Kaysville Crestwood Stake center called An Evening of Music, and it's awesome if you have a free Sunday evening.  Come listen!!

No comments:

Wow... really??

so - I didn't realize it has been that long since my last post.  I think I kind of gave up on it, knowing I don't have many follower...