Monday, June 06, 2016

Welcome to Summer Vacation! And it's hot...

Okay - for the past several years, the first 'official' day of summer vacation has been cloudy, rainy, cold or all of the above.  :(  I like it, but you know, kids don't generally.  This year, we're sitting here on June 6th and it's 90.  No kidding.  I hear that California is really HOT, and of course New Mexico and Arizona are always hot, lol.

But anyway - we actually got our AC cleaned up and ready to use just in time...but we don't like to run it if we can avoid it because it's so expensive.  Last year we didn't need to turn it on until the middle of July.  It was awesome.  ;)

This year we've already turned it on.  Good grief.  Oh well...that's what summers for, right?  wearing as little as you can and sitting in front of a fan...  sigh.

So...a couple of things for the day...

D-Day - Hopefully everyone knows the significance of this day.  There was this awesome clip I saw on facebook the other day, about an 11 yr old who went to Normandy and stood in salute for 1 1/2.  What a tribute...

Here is a video documentary about that day...and my father.  He was there that day...the stories are amazing.



Drive-in Movie Day - everyone remembers how much fun drive-in movies are, right?  My kids are telling me that we need to go this summer...sigh.  It's not quite as fun when you don't have a real comfy seat...


YoYo Day - Yoyos!!  I never could get the hang of them...


and last...
National Applesauce Cake day - Yummy stuff!  If it weren't 90 degrees, I would make one.  I wonder how well it would go in a crock pot...

Anyway - have a great day.  Never forget...

No comments:

Wow... really??

so - I didn't realize it has been that long since my last post.  I think I kind of gave up on it, knowing I don't have many follower...