Sunday, September 11, 2016

9/11 .... 15 years later

If I were really on the ball this week, I would have had this post ready to be online by 7 this morning.

Obviously I wasn't (and rarely am) and so, I'm getting the post out in the middle of the afternoon.
Not that it's a bad thing...at least I'm commenting on the DAY...but sometimes I wish I were a little more proactive.  I did contemplate what I'd like to do today...make a bunch of cookies and take them around to the fire and police stations in gratitude.  I wonder if they think it's stupid or if they appreciate it...last time we did it (about 4 or 5 years ago) they appreciated it, so perhaps it doesn't matter how long it's been.

What I find interesting is that it's difficult to express sometimes how that day has changed something inside each of us.  And it's difficult to truly SEE the images and take it in when we weren't actually at ground zero...  Sometimes I can't get enough of the pictures...and sometimes it's too much.

The Mormon Tabernacle Choir did a tribute this morning that was lovely.  (that makes me feel old...using words like lovely, lol)



anyway - It's my strongest hope that we teach our children about this day.  That the sacrifice and service that happened will not be forgotten.  Our country has shown that when we are facing our worst, we come together for the best.  Unfortunately it doesn't seem to last...and Satan works at everyone until they are all fighting and at each other's throats.

I hope it doesn't take another incident like this one to bring us back together.

Regardless...

Never forget.

No comments:

Wow... really??

so - I didn't realize it has been that long since my last post.  I think I kind of gave up on it, knowing I don't have many follower...