Wednesday, September 28, 2016

It's Wednesday! and I need chocolate...

I haven't had the time to post as much as I would have liked.  One...because playing volleyball is not always conducive to your health...sigh and two because after one hurts oneself, it's hard to sit at the computer. 

For some reason, September has gone by like a breeze...quick, fleeting and pleasant.  We're staring at the last couple of days with a sense of disbelief.  Where did it go??  And I still have so much to get done!!  When the leaves started to turn I was like, wait!  It's not time for fall yet, is it??  Hello!  It's the middle of September!  sigh.  I had a conversation with a friend the other day...the older we get, the faster time goes.  When we were kids, Christmas always took FOREVER to get here.  Now we blink and realize we have less than three months to be ready for it!  ARGH!


Okay - so enough of that...onto the good stuff!  😊  After a quick visit to Brownielocks...there are only a couple of items today...

International Bandanna Day - this reminds me of the story of the man on 9/11.  Have you heard the story of the man in the red bandana?  They are making a movie about it (of course) that looks like it might be good...a bit sad, and you already know the ending, but ya know.  You might want to look at it, it's really amazing.  I'm sure it wasn't created for this, the online site said it usually is on the last Friday of September, but not this year.  😊  Apparently it's a fund raiser day for cancer and all sorts of things.  I always thought it was just a cool way to hide my bad hair days when I was a teenager.  Go figure...

National Breadstix (Bread Sticks) Day - If you like breadsticks, then today's your day.  I'm sure they're talking about the stupid skinny sticks you see in some Italian restaurants, but I'm thinking of the yummy ones slathered in garlic butter and parmesan that we eat with spaghetti...  YUM!  Anyway - whichever you like them, they're good.  Think Olive Garden...lol

National Chocolate Day - and of course the best for last... I think September has had several days dedicated to Chocolate, but I don't think many of us are going to complain.  We're celebrating my sons bday (a week late...long story, lol) tonight, so I'm sure we'll be seeing some chocolate.  I saved him the last piece of the cake I made Sunday...  Chocolate cake mix with chocolate pudding mix added and dark chocolate chips sprinkled into it, frosted with chocolate frosting made with heavy whipping cream.  😊 It was awesome....


and just to add a bit of humor...  one of my favorite scenes from I Love Lucy...

 
So - now that we're all on a chocolate high, have a great day!!  😊

No comments:

Wow... really??

so - I didn't realize it has been that long since my last post.  I think I kind of gave up on it, knowing I don't have many follower...