Friday, March 17, 2017

Happy St Patty's day!! and some thoughts...

I guess that sounds a little disrespectful...almost sounds like it's a woman's day, right?  Hm...  ok so Happy St Patricks day, if you were offended... 

Ok, everyone is probably wearing some kind of green...and will eat some form of corned beef today, lol.  I don't know that we will, though I did buy some cabbage yesterday. I think it's funny how this is another holiday more celebrated by us in the US than in the home country.  Especially not the way we celebrate it, lol.  Kind of like Cinco de Mayo...we do a bigger party than the Mexican's.  I think that's the point...we American's like any excuse to party.  right? 

This is Sandra Boynton's tweet for the day...




So, Happy St. Patricks day.  Hope you don't get pinched and find a sliver of gold in your day. 


It's International Sleep Day - which I think everyone can appreciate.  I like the idea!  I could go back to bed...  zzzzzz


Nationals Irish Coffee day -  for those of us who don't drink coffee, I think it's great for hot chocolate too.  A nice Irish cream from Stephens Cocoa...a dollop of whipped cream?  yum!


and last...It's National Corned Beef and Cabbage day - big surprise.  What's your favorite thing to eat for St Patty's day?  We've had green pancakes before...green mashed potatoes...

 Here's a clip from Studio C on holidays, lol... 


On another note - We were watching the movie Julie and Julia last night -

  first time in ages.  I love that movie (when we use the clearplay, thank you very much...why do they find it necessary to swear???)  because it always reminds me that anything is possible.  She struggles to realize that she's a writer...and it took me a LONG time to realize that I'm a writer and an artist.  Last year I actually sold some paintings.  I had realized way before then that I was a writer, but for some reason it took longer to proclaim I was an artist.  I also feel that I connect with her because of blogging.  I've been blogging for a long time now...over 15 years.  Did you know that?? lol. 

 The first blog I started was for our pizza store...and then we closed and I didn't want to stop.  I joined a writing group, and we had a blog and it continued from there.  And when I started out, I had more followers than I do now.  People used to actually comment on my blogs...sigh.  That's something I totally get her reaction to.  That people beside her mother read her blog and commented.  One of my kids reads this, the others could care less...so there we are.
 
The character in the move (which is based on a real book written by the main character in case you didn't know - and if you liked the movie, don't read the book...I promise) needed validation from the publishing world that she was a writer before she finally believed it.  I guess there is something about seeing your book in print...

This has been a big week for me...mine is out!!  The first two of my book series is available on Amazon.




I'm so excited...I've been torn between trying to go the traditional route of publishing, and then doing this on my own.  I still want to submit items to a publisher, but this group - at this point - I think I'd like to do my way.  Perhaps if they are popular enough I can approach a publisher and encourage that.  :)

Anyway - wanted to share.  I'm Gaynell Parker - I'm a writer and artist (and wife, mother and...).  

have a good day!!

No comments:

Wow... really??

so - I didn't realize it has been that long since my last post.  I think I kind of gave up on it, knowing I don't have many follower...