Thursday, September 14, 2017

Happy Thursday!

We can always use a reason to be happy, right?  Happiness is a choice, and I usually try to choose happiness.  Some days it's easier than others, lol.  Thursdays are a significant day of the week.  They are an anticipatory day for those of us who are always looking forward to Friday or the weekend.  My poor hubby - we usually go to the Bountiful Temple on Thursdays.  This week we had to change to Tuesday, and he was driving home thinking, Yeah!  Tomorrow is Friday!  Then it hit him - dang...nope.  😞  lol

Oh well...today is that almost as long awaited day, and if you need a reason for happiness, there is one.  😊
There were so many things yesterday to celebrate, but things were too busy to have a minute to share them.  I'm hoping I can quickly just reiterate them for you in case you want to celebrate them today...I mean, you can't just ignore them, though I guess you could - just wait till next year.  But hey, we don't like to wait, right?  Oh wait...that's the millennials, and we're not them, lol.  Anyway- off track here.  Here was some fun stuff that was noted for yesterday...

International Chocolate Day - who wants to miss this???  Need to have some now to make up for it, right? 

Kids Take Over The Kitchen Day - well, fortunately my adult children already do this on a regular basis, so I don't need to push it, but for those of you who are still training your children, you could definitely still use it today.  Box mac and cheese, right? lol

National Peanut Day - I would have found some of the peanuts with the shells on them, which my hubby loves.  I guess that's one of the things he likes about baseball games...the peanuts.  😊  I like combining the peanuts and the chocolate...don't you think?

Roald Dahl Day - He was one of the most humorous writers, and yet, able to point out human flaws with sharpness that was almost painful.  Take Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (which was the movie, not the book, but VERY close) and all the apt descriptions of children and their parents...  I love Matilda, personally.  We should have watched that last night!!

Scooby-Doo Day - Who grew up watching Scooby Doo??  Everyone wave your hands.  My kids like the newer live action movies, which I think are totally stupid, but ya know...pretty much like the cartoon, lol. 

So - that's all I wanted to mention for yesterday.  Today there are only 2...

Live Creative Day - I want to encourage you to think outside the box.  Being an artist, you would think that came easy for me, but it doesn't.  I'm a very traditional thinker, and tend to come up with the expected when looking at a situation.  I love when someone comes up with something creative and different!  That's amazing brain functioning, in my opinion.  What have you done to be creative recently?  You need to do something today.  It helps you feel how unique and special you are, when you create something that adds to your life.  😊

National Kreme Filled Donut Day - since these are one of my favorite types of donuts, I say yeah!!  I think everyone needs to have one sometime today.  I would recommend Bowman's bakery...they have awesome ones.  Or, I guess Tasty's on Main street in Kaysville... They're good too.  😊

Anyway - Hopefully something brought a smile to your face, or helped you find some happiness in the moment.  that makes me think of the quote from Kung Fu Panda..."Today is a gift, that's why it's called a present."  We need to live in our moments...every moment of every day, because you don't know how many of them you will be given. 

That brings to mind a part from Hercules...



Enjoy!!

No comments:

Wow... really??

so - I didn't realize it has been that long since my last post.  I think I kind of gave up on it, knowing I don't have many follower...