Tuesday, September 12, 2017

It's been 16 years...

I almost can't believe it.  Some how it seems like it was just yesterday, and then some days it seems like it was forever ago.  It's hard to believe that kids who are getting their drivers licenses today weren't alive then.  Have only heard about it in school, or from parents.

It was a life changing event for us...those who lived that day.  More for some than for others...but life changing. Much as it was for those who were there on December 7th.

Is this world the same as you remember?  Are people the same?

I don't think so.  In some ways it's better, but for the most part it's worse.

I'm upset that I didn't get this posted yesterday...so I'm posting it today.  It's never too late to commemorate the day, right?  And if you're familiar with Glenn Beck, you'll know about 9/12 and the 9/12 activities.  Today is just as important as yesterday.... 

We watched the 9/11 documentary last night.  We kind of vary between the three of them...  But the clip from Glenn Beck's show brought me to tears...




So, now that I've been able to get that off my chest, there are a couple of things I want to share today.  Once again...most of my stuff is found on brownielocks.com, and if you have any curiosities, you can look them up.  There are lots of other sites, but her's is rather straight forward, and less adds.  😊

First...Ants On A Log Day - I never knew there was an official title for this, but apparently the celery growers wanted to have it as an official day.  This is celery with peanut butter and raisins.  Did you know it had a name??  I would think more of mini  chocolate chips rather than raisins, but that's me.  Funny how your tastes change over time.  I like raisins, but I used to love them.  Now it's okay...but I don't go out of my way to eat them.  What's your take?  

National Day of Encouragement - I didn't think we needed a day to remind everyone to do this, but then again, we seem to need holidays for everything.  😊  So....encourage someone today, and celebrate in style. 

Video Games Day - apparentlly they wanted to celebrate the art and intelligence it takes to create these games.  I guess the art has really developed over time...I remember some of the first video games, do you??  Remember Pong??  or space invaders?  Far cry from Mario Cart or Smashbrothers.  I don't play any of these much any more - but for a while we were all competing in Mario Cart on the Wii.  My hubby has the highest scores in our games...including the backwards ones.

last but not least... one of my favorite things...Chocolate Milkshake Day - I guess a true milkshake is one that you can drink through a straw.  My favorite kind is the stuff you have to use a spoon for.  The 'over-the-top' stuff like you get from Arctic Circle or Burger Stop.  YUM.  So...you might have to buy some ice cream and make your own.  You know...then you can add all the little stuff you want.  Like brownie chunks or M&Ms or ...whatever you want.  😊

enjoy!!
 




No comments:

Wow... really??

so - I didn't realize it has been that long since my last post.  I think I kind of gave up on it, knowing I don't have many follower...