Wednesday, October 04, 2017

Hump Day!

Well, folks, it's hump day!  You're halfway through another week, and it's been gorgeous! I love this time of year...  We went up to trappers loop over the weekend and got to see some of the leaves...they were gorgeous!  If you haven't done that yet, you don't want to waste any time, I don't know how much longer they'll be going...


This photo doesn't do them justice, but it's hard to take pictures in a moving car, and trappers loop doesn't have a lot of places to stop and take pictures!!!  😒

So... lots of stuff for today, but mainly I wanted to share pictures of the sunrise this morning in case you didn't get a chance to see it.  It was amazing!

It was really red at my house... my phone just doesn't do it justice.








So... onto the good stuff!

National Ship in A Bottle Day - my son actually has one of these.  I think it's crazy.  How do you even build them??  I mean, you have to do it all in the bottle to be authentic, right?  I'm thinking I would build it and then seal a bottle around it, lol.   This site actually shows you how to do it, step by step.  Awesome!
Improve Your Office Day - this is always good.  But, what do they mean by that?  We can't knock out walls and add windows...lol.  But I guess we could add things that improve productivity, spark thought or lighten your mood. (or some people we know have bikes hooked to their computers or standing desks...  ) If your desk doesn't say anything about you, perhaps you are not happy about being there?  Or perhaps you are a minimalist that doesn't like things cluttering up your work space?  Give it some thought... 

Cinnamon Rolls day - Love cinnamon rolls, don't you?  It seems like everyone has their favorite.  My sister makes awesome ones, but as I've gotten older I realize they are too sweet (I know, is there such a thing?).  she makes them with white flour and lots of sugar, and I can't eat them anymore - I feel like it's one of those glazed doughnuts where I'm eating air and sugar...  sigh.  Fortunately everyone else still loves hers, so my not eating goes unnoticed. 
I make them out of whole wheat and we use some honey in them and drizzle the frosting instead of spread, and they are much more enjoyable.  Which kind is your favorite?  Sticky buns or old fashioned cinnamon roll?

Pet Obesity Awareness Day - I thought this was funny because my daughter has a dachshund.  Or for those of us who know them as wiener dogs. His name is Goob.  Remember Michael Yagoobian from Meet the RobinsonsYep...that's his full name. 
She's had him since he was a puppy, and he's supposed to be papered, but the owner didn't take care of that, so he's not official.  He's a cutie, though he barks at EVERYTHING and everyone.  It's a pain...  but my hubby likes to play with him, and he loves my hubby (second to my daughter, lol)  She has read all sorts of advise for them, the biggest of which is to not let them gain weight!!  He is a mini-and apparently it's very common for
dachshunds to gain weight.  I'm sure you've seen them around...little barrels with short legs...  But anyway - she's done really well with him.  The vet has even commented that he's doing well.  So...be nice to your pets!   

National Taco Day- too bad it's not Tuesday, right?  Everyone would be making big of that! are you a hard shell fan or soft shell?  I grew up in California where my family fried the corn tortillas till soft, then folded them and sprinkled Parmesan cheese on them.  YUM.  I've done it a couple of times with my family, but it's a little more time consuming, and a little messier.  I don't like to do a lot with oil either, so there is that.  We usually have tacos with flour tortillas.  I want to try the little street taco ones!

Vodka Day - okay - I don't drink, so wouldn't know how good the stuff is, but I figure some of you out there might and might like it.  We actually have some in our cupboard because someone told us it would get the stains out of something or other.  Didn't work, that I remember...and now we have this bottle.   Guess it will be medicinal disinfectant...

National Kale Day - Yeah Kale!!  I know, some of you probably can't stand the stuff, but I love it.  Ours grew really well in the garden this year, about the only thing that did grow well...  and didn't get the bugs they got last year.  It's been awesome.  I love kale in salads, and in my green smoothies.  One of the best things is Zupa Toscana soup...  YUM!

National Pumpkin Seed Day - Appropriate that it's in October, lol.  I just don't get the deal with pumpkin seeds though... what's so exciting?  They take forever to clean and dry and then you've got to shell them...  ugh.  Hope you like them...  I don't mind them after they've gone through that whole process and I wasn't the one that had to do it, lol.

Balloons Around The World Day - If you like balloons, it's a day to enjoy.  I think I mentioned before that my hubby has started 'twisting' balloons - which I guess is the official title for making balloon animals.  It's pretty fun.  He is getting really good at making owls!  He does a mean sunflower, and yesterday he did this twisted sword that was awesome.  I don't know if they mean that kind of balloon, but works for me.  Which kind do you like best?  the big hot air ones or the twisted kind?

And last - it's 10-4 day.  That reminds me of the old movie Convoy. Did you grow up with that?  Here's a video from the time...


Have a good one!

No comments:

Wow... really??

so - I didn't realize it has been that long since my last post.  I think I kind of gave up on it, knowing I don't have many follower...