Monday, November 20, 2017

Happy Monday...week of Thanksgiving!

I've been commiserating with teachers all morning...everyone is excited that it's Monday because we only have a 2 day week this week.  I think that's a sad state of affairs...but what can we do about it? I'm trying to be positive, lol.

So, it's a quick entry, as there isn't much to be excited about in the world (other than it's Thanksgiving week, lol)  And so, guess what food day is today?
It's National Peanut Butter Fudge day.  So - you fudge lovers, get your spoons out there and make up a batch to share with everyone.  I'm sure it will go good with the pies on Thanksgiving...
And of course, the day after thanksgiving, which everyone gets excited about - Black Friday.  My eldest daughter used to work for a medical supply company, and there were many there that actually celebrated Black Friday as a real holiday!  I'm serious.  She said that they had to have it off...it was a big deal in several families.  Go figure...

What was really neat, was last night. My youngest daughter participated in an Interfaith Christmas Program that was held at Layton high.  It was so amazing!  They had two well known artists that also participated,  one of which was Dallyn Vail Bayles.  He sang the song from Les Miserables - Bring Him Home, and it was so good.  But it was such a wonderful evening of song, we were so glad we went.  I wanted to tell everyone, next year you should come!  It's the Sunday before Thanksgiving, apparently annually, so it's now going to be our family tradition.
What traditions do you have for this time of year?
Whatever they are, I hope you have someone to share the day with.  Have an excellent day!

No comments:

Wow... really??

so - I didn't realize it has been that long since my last post.  I think I kind of gave up on it, knowing I don't have many follower...