Wednesday, November 15, 2017

It's Wednesday and the weather is fine...

Isn't there a song like that?  Well, there should be!  Although I went to work with this amazing sunrise this morning.




It's amazing how fast the sky changes.  I look out the window there there's a streak of red across the clouds.  I think, man, I've got to take a picture of that.  By the time I get out the whole eastern sky is red...and by the time I get to work, it's clouds.
Crazy.
It always makes me think of that old phrase...red sky at morning, sailors take warning!  Red sky at night, sailors delight.  I'm not a sailor, but it's always there in the back of my mind.  Crazy, huh? 
oh well...
onto the day!!

There are some fun things...but some crazy ones.  I really wonder about people sometimes!!

America Recycles Day - well, I think we used to recycle more than we do.  I remember when I was a teenager and we could take glass bottles back to the store or cans back for 5 cents a can.  It was awesome.  Now you can't (course that was in California...)  and glass?  forget trying to recycle glass.  It should be cheaper to recycle than to make new!!!  puff...puff.  Okay, I'll get off my soapbox now.  Anyone else feel this way?  I have tons of shopping bags in my car because I hate plastic.... okay, I'm calm now.

GIS Day (Geographic Information Systems) - according to wikipedia... (I know...but hey..) strange that they have a day to honor a system of mapping.  Have you heard of this?  I've never really heard of it...but I'm sure it's where GPS comes from.  :)  sometimes I feel very blonde...  lol
 
I Love to Write Day - yeah!!  I get a whole day dedicated to this??  Unfortunately I don't get to spend the whole day writing.  Hopefully I'll get in some tonight...after the seasoning party...did I invite any of you?  I think a couple...  My house, 7pm, try some spice in your life...food, fun...open house, yada yada.   Anyway...writing!!  do some writing!  I'm halfway through Nano...
 
National Bundt (Pan) Day - I love bundt cakes.  they manage to look fancy when they're just a box cake, or made from scratch.  Remember the movie My Big Fat Greek Wedding and her mother trying to pronounce it?  I love this movie.  I haven't seen the second one yet...worth my time?   

National Raisin bran day...my daughter loves raisin bran.  I think it's okay...but I like the bunches of oats better.  although, I'm not a big cereal eater anymore...I'd rather have a green shake.  :)

National Clean Out Your Refrigerator Day - well, sad that they need a day to do this.  We end up doing it every other weekend or so...just before shopping, lol.  Amazing what you find growing in the back...  UGH.  And tell me why adult kids refuse to eat the last crumb of something and put it back??  So they can claim they didn't eat it all?  sigh.

National Educational Support Professionals Day -  I think this is talking about the support staff, secretaries, or anyone in Education, come to think about it.  We're all professionals, and we all work with education.  Happy day!! 

Rock Your Mocs Day - well, if I had any moccasins, I'd love to wear them.  But, it's not just about that, apparently this was a day created to celebrate native Americans and their culture.  This site has the whole story...  and here I thought it was just a day to have comfy shoes...  silly me.
 
Well, have a good day!  You deserve it.  :)
 
 

No comments:

Wow... really??

so - I didn't realize it has been that long since my last post.  I think I kind of gave up on it, knowing I don't have many follower...