Friday, December 08, 2017

16 Days!!

Till Christmas!!  Can you believe how fast the days are going??  sigh. 

We're having a big party tomorrow, and I just found out last night that my last remaining Uncle is coming!  I'm so excited!  And now we're nervous...  they are, well, kind of wealthy -- and their house is amazing.  Our house is so....not.  My hubby did remind me that they aren't coming with a clipboard and critiquing our home, and he's right.  My Uncle won't even notice the missing trim around the floor, or the walls in the kitchen that need to be repainted or the missing trim in the bathroom...  sigh.  I wish I could forget it!!  lol  makes me think of the movie Mouse Hunt...and our favorite scene...


Anyway - not much to talk about today, but did want to share that it's
Chocolate Brownie Day!!  How could I miss sharing that??  The Nibble also had an awesome recipe they paired with it that I think you ought to try.
https://www.thenibble.com/blog/2012/12/23/recipe-candy-cane-fudge-brownies/

It' looks amazing.  Of course, it also uses ganache, which my daughter loves to make all the time, and we all love.

So...in addition to all that -- it's also the 8th day of Light the World.  It's a day dedicated to being kind to those who have mistreated you, or that you don't like.  It's got to be one of the hardest things to do, but try to think kind thoughts, or do something kind for someone you don't like or haven't gotten along with.  You never know, it might turn things around.
Have a great day!!



No comments:

Wow... really??

so - I didn't realize it has been that long since my last post.  I think I kind of gave up on it, knowing I don't have many follower...