Tuesday, December 05, 2017

And it's started...

Not only is it December...but the season has started.  :)  and now that we've had snow, that means it's officially the holiday season, right?  Kids are making their lists, reindeer are getting fat...santa's are loading up their bags... stockings are being hung, and hum bug is being said all over... (especially by father's being asked to hang lights outside with frostbitten fingers...)  We get our sons to hang them up at our house...  currently just one son is doing it, and he's found there's an issue with the plug for the lights over our room, and he keeps going out and poking at them with the broom handle.  sigh. 

There's some silly stuff today... so better get to them!

Bathtub Party Day - got to have a bathtub party!!  though, I think if you had a hot tub, that would be far more fun...but ya know...got to roll with what you have.  :)

International Ninja Day
- February 2 is the day that Ninja's are celebrated in Japan, but apparently today is when it's internationally done.  I guess everyone thinks they are awesome.  Most teenagers like the turtles...  and I think they're fun to watch.  My son told me about this Youtube guy, that's pretty funny -- I thought I'd share it with you all.



Sachertorte Day -There is apparently a special ingredient to this cake...if you've had it, you could probably taste it.  Apricot jam!  Interesting tidbit of trivia.  😊   In the US, apparently they use Raspberry jam, but that would probably cause a ruckus in Vienna.  this site claims to be the original site...  the pastry chef was one cool cookie.

End to Prohobition - on this day Prohibition was repealed.  I'll bet there was LOTS of celebrating that day...  sigh.  And lots of hangovers the next morning...

Light the World - Day 5!  Honor your parents...so I want to say that I am so thankful for all the parents in my life.  I was blessed to have my natural parents and the ones that ended up being my children's grandparents.  I have also been blessed in my in-laws.  I hope all of you are as fortunate as I am in that you've had someone who loves you strive to guide you throughout your life.  




I was so blessed to have parents who found the gospel of Jesus before I was born, and then cared enough to make sure I had that opportunity in growing up.  Then, when I could have been left to drift in the crazy river of life, I found the Beans...and they took me into their hearts and homes and I've never looked back.  I am truly blessed in my life, and I hope what I have done honors all of them.  I'm trying.


Well...Have a good one! 

No comments:

Wow... really??

so - I didn't realize it has been that long since my last post.  I think I kind of gave up on it, knowing I don't have many follower...