Thursday, January 25, 2018

Diversity... it's everywhere

I find it interesting that we are so different from each other.  I have several co-workers that I feel are similar to myself, but they have such different tastes!!  Mainly in movies...  both of the two I've been talking with liked the Star Wars movie.  UGH!!  I couldn't believe it.  Really???  My hubby and I walked out of there thinking "LAME!"  honestly - both of us felt that way.

So - not only are we diverse in likes of movies, but in what we celebrate and how we spend our time.  I just wanted to state that someone who wants to go on about diversity, it's everywhere.  You just have to be looking for it.😏

National Irish Coffee Day - since I don't drink coffee, I guess I wouldn't appreciate this as much as those who do, but I do like mint flavored hot chocolate... does that count?  😊

Opposite Day - this reminds me of a story I read when I was a kid.  Two girls were best friends and their school had a day where they could be anyone they wanted to be, and when they showed up at each other's door, they were the other.  It was awesome.  😉  Wish I could remember the name of the story and where I read it.

Robert Burns Day - this is Mr. Burns birthday, and so they really go all out in Scotland. Apparently you are supposed to invite your friends over and eat everything Scottish. Personally, I'd skip the haggis, it takes a lot of specialty items - like the sheep stomach to start with.  😜  but it's really supposed to be tasty.  I read that they do pot pies in Scotland, so that would be an option for food.  😊  What I find disturbing though, is they don't have much by way of treats.  Shortbread or some type of fruit cake.  Lack of sugar?  I'm curious.  If anyone knows, I'd love the information.

Thank Your Mentor Day - There are a lot of people who have mentors out there who make a great difference in the lives of those they mentor.  I'm still trying to find a mentor after taking a self reliance class.  sigh.  The person I asked never replied.  I guess that's a no...  Hope you have better luck finding one than I did.  
 
And just to keep things lively, here's one of my favorite video clips.  If you haven't seen it before, it's sooo much fun.  Have a great day!
 

No comments:

Wow... really??

so - I didn't realize it has been that long since my last post.  I think I kind of gave up on it, knowing I don't have many follower...