Friday, January 12, 2018

It's Friday... wait, didn't I already say that??

Man this was a strange week.  I wouldn't say it went fast, but it certainly didn't take it's time.  I tried to find something to do a post about, but nothing was very inspiring, so it's been a quiet week from me.  I'm sure you've had plenty of other things to entertain you.  Right?  Like politics?  ugh...no.  Books!!  Books are good.  :)

Anyway -  we've gone from having five running vehicles in our family to four - and one of those switched out. Yesterday our new (extremely relative term here) spare cars check engine light went on, and the battery in my car died.  sigh.  Nothing like having to spend a hundred on a new one.  Can you believe the cost of car batteries???  I remember when $60 was a lot!!  sigh.  At least it didn't panic us, lol.  My daughter is still trying to find a replacement for her truck that died before Christmas, and my other daughter's car died last week, so we've been shifting cars between the two of them.  Good thing their schedules don't conflict most of the time.  And good thing younger son commutes with dad (which he just LOVES...not.lol ) and doesn't need the spare car.  He likes to think it's his, but he hasn't paid for it yet.

I probably didn't mention that we had to take our dog to the vet last Friday...he hurt his neck somehow.  He's a small dog...a chiwawa mix of somekind.  He's getting better, but he sure loved eating scrambled eggs and rice for a couple of days.  :)  And convincing him to wait to be carried up and down the stairs doesn't go over very well...  :-/

Got moved into our new offices at work, which has been kind of nice.  We were homeless for little over a week, having to hang out more in schools - which on one hand wasn't a big deal, but on the other hand, it's nice to have a home base again.  Our new office is in a small building with a small staff, and they are very sweet and happy to have us.  It's awesome.  ;)

Well... I didn't do a blog just about milk, but yesterday was national Milk day.  If you're a milk lover you would probably have rejoiced. Thing is, milk is tending to get a bad rap (like most things now a days) and so a majority of people don't drink it.  I personally don't really drink milk except when having the rare Oreo cookie...  :)  But I use it to cook with, and love greek yogurt. 

Today there isn't a lot, just a couple of things.  But before I get into the silliness of life, I wanted to touch on one somber thing:  Today is President Monson's funeral.  It will be televised in Utah...and watched by thousands.  He was another man among many - one that was there most of my life.  He was an amazing example to all of how to be truly Christlike.  I will miss him greatly.
 I'm so happy that he's with his beloved wife again and his savior. 
 There could not be a more happier time.

sigh...  okay, I guess it's time to move on. 

Kiss A Ginger Day (Red Heads) - know any red heads?  I work with one!!  I want to make sure she hears about this, lol.  You know it's good luck to kiss one, right? You know it's good luck to kiss one, right?  Um... I don't know any red headed men...and I think it's good enough luck to kiss my hubby.  
via GIPHY

 I think red hair is so gorgeous.  there was a little girl walking in a school yesterday in front of me with the most lovely head of auburn/red hair...it just glistened in the light.  She probably hates it...  sigh.
 
National Hot Tea Day - I love herbal tea.  I don't know if any of you are tea drinkers, but a nice warm cup of herbal tea is lovely on a cold day.  I have grown fond of mint, but there are lots of other nice flavors too.  Some people really like the green tea stuff - enjoy!!

I also love bagels, and so just for grins I thought I'd include this easy recipe for homemade ones.
And because you can relate to our favorite principal, here's his latest video on communication...lol


and because you know I have to put in Studio C...here's a school fashion thought, lol

And lastly, because it's Friday, and we need something to help rev up for the LONG WEEKEND!!  Yeah, you read that right.  Remember, we all get Monday to play!!  So...you need some inspiration...
one of my favorite scenes from the original Footloose.  Have a great weekend!


No comments:

Wow... really??

so - I didn't realize it has been that long since my last post.  I think I kind of gave up on it, knowing I don't have many follower...