Friday, January 26, 2018

It's Friday!

It's Friday!!  We've survived the week...now we get to contemplate the weekend.  You do know the double moon thing is coming up, right?  I guess it's Monday... Blue moon and red moon.  I'm thinking I definitely won't be awake to see it...  it always happens at o'dark thirty...ugh.
Hope you have plans...I had plans for Saturday, and now they're going to include babysitting almost the whole day...which is good, right?  I love my grandchildren...it's just hard to get anything done while tending them.  I have to go back to the mantra I tried to remember as a young mother (and it didn't work too good then either...) It's more important to spend time with them than to have a clean house.  Right??
Sunday is a family dinner - which is always entertaining...so it's all good. Today I get to go do a trailer shop for the new Maze Runner movie.  I'm hoping it's better than Star Wars...  lol   Don't hate me!!
 
Anyway...some fun stuff to play around with if you want a reason for anything to do.  I'm afraid my family isn't as into the days as I am...my son didn't even ask what the plan was for dinner, he just brought Chinese home with him.  Not that I'm complaining too much...hey, I like Chinese food!  😊

So...
First off...for totally sarcasm...Dental Drill Appreciation Day.  Ugh!!  Apparently it was on this day that it was patented.  I guess it's better than the whole tooth pulling option, right?  It's just that I hate the sound of that thing!  Even when it's not being used on me! Anyone else like it???

Fun at Work Day - Well, I really like this idea.  We can totally have fun at work, right??  And to help...I'm posting the same movie that was shown at one my schools this morning for staff meeting.  Yes, I'm serious, staff meeting!!  Talk about having fun.  😊



Lotus 1-2-3 Day - this is for you geeks that remember this day when Lotus first introduced it's spreadsheet in 1983.  I hadn't even really learned about computers at that point...I'm not that excited about it... lol


National Big Wig Day - This is kind of two things...I've read that it's a day to put on a big wig in celebration of cancer survivors, and a day for everyone to feel important.  So...pick which one suits you and have a good one!!


National Peanut Brittle Day - one of the articles I read said that it was ironic for today to be both dental drill day and peanut brittle day.  Well, yeah, sugar and drills...go together, right?  lol   My hubby makes some pretty awesome peanut brittle.  I wasn't a big fan of it before I married him, and it's still not something that I am excited about, but when he makes it for Christmas, I usually eat some because I love peanuts and he always puts tons in it.  YUM   My mom loved it, so he still makes it in her honor.  😊


National Pre-school Fitness Day - I thought this was pretty funny.  I think I mentioned last year that it seems silly to think you have to promote physical fitness for preschoolers.  I know my kids didn't have any trouble moving around and being active!  They loved to play outside and climb things and swing and tumble.  They used to all wrestle with dad at the same time.  I have pictures of him being on the bottom of a seven kid pile.  Of course as they started to get bigger they couldn't all fit on top, lol.  I figured the preschool teachers would have fun with this.  I do remember putting on a record (yes, back before they died and came back, lol) and my three girls dancing around in the front room together.  I guess that was our fitness routine.  😊


National Pistachio Day - Yeah!  My father-in-law loved pistachios.  He would be way excited to help everyone celebrate the day.  We even have a small bag that I bought for Christmas and put aside and forgot was there until I uncovered them a week or so ago.  Good thing nuts don't go bad quickly... 


National Green Juice Day -  Here's a recipe .   Green shakes are our favorite breakfast.  Well, I say 'our' as in my daughter and I.  I recently was doing some blood work and contemplating a metabolic approach to food, and both of them told me that I needed to avoid raw greens like kale and spinach.  WHAT???  😞  I have been really sad.  Our green shakes had both of them.  So...I'm trying to decide if it's worth it.   Just because something's green, doesn't mean it doesn't taste good.  I've had a lot of people tell me they couldn't imagine drinking it, lol.  Our green shakes have kale, spinach, carrots, apple, banana, protein powder (organic plant protein!) and frozen blueberries.  It is awesome.


 Anyway ...Sunday is National Blueberry Pancakes day - don't miss out! We love blueberry pancakes, waffles, breakfast cake...what's not to love about blueberries??  What's your favorite way to eat them?

Well, hope you have an awesome weekend and get to do something fun today at work.  Listen to some crazy music that makes you dance.  You know that phrase...dance like no one is watching.   Here's a good song for that!

or there is also this one from the Peanuts movie...


Have a good one!

No comments:

Wow... really??

so - I didn't realize it has been that long since my last post.  I think I kind of gave up on it, knowing I don't have many follower...