Thursday, January 18, 2018

It's Thursday...do you know what happened to your week?

It went by so fast!!  At least mine did.  I know I had Monday and Tuesday off, but now all of a sudden it's Thursday and I'm realizing that I haven't gotten a lot of stuff done that needed to be addressed.  sigh.  and there's a longggg time till my next break at work.  I might have to take an afternoon off...  :)

Pooh (Winnie The) Day - Yeah for Winnie the Pooh!  Apparently there is a movie out now about the man who wrote the book series and what effect it had on his family.  I just know that my mom thought they were wonderful children's books and all of us were familiar with them way before it was popular to like them.
There's a movie at the local theater called Goodbye Christopher Robin that is supposed to be based on the life and reality of the author and stories...  I'm not sure I want to see it, it looks a little sad...

Thesaurus Day - those who are writers are very fond of the thesaurus.  It has helped me come up with a word many times when I've been stumped.  It's great for poetry too.  Be a good day to go look something up, lol.  Of course the real reason for celebrating is that it's the birthday of Peter Mark Roget, the man who came up with the first thesaurus. What a brain!!

Pekin Duck Day - if you've ever seen the movie A Christmas Story, you've seen this dish.  They served it in the restaurant his family went to when the turkey got eaten by the neighbors dogs. 



Apparently it's awesome - but I've never had it.  I think I've had duck, but having grown up with ducks in the back yard, I have a hard time thinking they'll taste good.  😊  Have you had it?  Apparently it's sliced, put in a crepe with scallions and then drizzled with Hoisin sause and rolled up.  I guess it's another way of having a duck roll, lol.  The Nibble - which is the site I get most my food holidays from - says you can buy ready cooked duck.  I don't think that's as easy to come by out here, unless you know a chinese market....

Well, hope you have an awesome day.  :)   I plan on it.

No comments:

Wow... really??

so - I didn't realize it has been that long since my last post.  I think I kind of gave up on it, knowing I don't have many follower...