Tuesday, January 02, 2018

Welcome to the future...

My son commented the other day that he thought he'd be a cyborg at this point.  He was teasing his brothers about Terminator - and I reminded myself again that we live in the days of science fiction.  We're not far from the year in Back to the Future when he goes to save his kids.  I grew up thinking anything past  2000 was amazing futuristic stuff.

When you think about it, we are in an amazing time.  We have cell phones that can talk to anyone pretty much on the planet.  We have televisions the size of windows, and they are flat against the wall!  You can skype, facetime, or converse face to face with people all over the world, though we aren't quite to the visual phone yet - darn close.  We have watch phones (like  007) and electric cars that are getting better all the time, and solar houses and wind farms.  Just to think about the changes in my lifetime are amazing.  😵  Let alone what has happened since our grandparents time.  Several of them had horse and buggy lives...

So - welcome 2018 with excitement.  Things are going to get even more crazy. 😎

Hope you had a great Christmas.  We sure did.  It was short...crazy and full of family.  Isn't that what the holidays are all about?  I was fortunate to have my cousin and her husband here for about 4 days.  It was awesome - I don't think I've talked so much in ages.  We just have so much to share, and enjoy about life together.

Yesterday we went to a movie as a family.  We usually do that on the day after Christmas, but we weren't as on the ball as we normally are, and didn't get tickets before they were sold out.  This time we were smarter and got the tickets on Friday.  It was a good thing, it was sold out by the time we got there yesterday. 
We went to see Jumanji.  If you saw the first one, you might have wondered how they were going to pull this one off, but it was awesome.  They really did a good job.  Only complaint we had was the outdoors bathroom issue...  sigh.  It wasn't necessary people - honestly.  I really liked how they ended it.

We also took the granddaughters to see Ferdinand.  Oh my that was cute!!  Very well done!  My one granddaughter had already seen it, and she still wanted to see it again.  I take that as a good sign.  I'm thinking I need to get the book for them now!  This was such a cute movie!  If you haven't seen it yet, you really need to.

 So... that's been my past week.  We went to Park City for a day and that was way fun.  My cousin had never been there, and while it was a bit busy, it wasn't insane, so it was nice.  We had lunch and window shopped and it was fun.  I haven't done that for a while.  I'm so glad my hubby gets along with my family!!  I tell you, he's awesome.

 There are a couple of fun things to know about the day...if you need something to lift your spirits after the holidays as we head into this new year which is cold and low on the snow side (dang it!).

Happy Mew Year for Cats Day - I don't know why they can't celebrate the same new years as humans, but ya know - cats have their own agenda, and I guess someone decided this was theirs.  lol  If you like cats, have fun with it.  If you don't - well, ignore it.  They would.  😸

National Buffet Day - apparently this is the feasting before the dieting begins.  If you are a true resolution person, that would have started yesterday, right?  We used to love buffets.  When you have teenagers that are bottomless pits, it's the cheapest way to fill them up.  Now we find that we just don't eat enough to make it worth it.  And...most of them are not that yummy.  What are your thoughts on that?  Which is your favorite buffet?  Vegas used to have some awesome priced ones...but not much anymore.

National Motivation and Inspiration Day - I think that most people find that January is a dreary month.  Christmas and the holidays are over, no more parties, and depending on where you live, usually kind of gray and cold.  Everyone can use some inspiration and motivation.  Hopefully you have one.  If not - here's an option or two...

 Got to love the kitten ones...

And of course... big pink!  


But you really need this one:
right??









No - what I think everyone needs is this:


What's your favorite thing that motivates you?

National Personal Trainer Awareness Day - of course we have this day...  when entering a diet phase, there is always the personal trainer phase.  I think personal trainers are great.  I also think they are basically physical therapists in their other lives.  Or Physical therapists are personal trainers on the side?  Hm...   I've done the personal trainer bit - and it really worked for a while.  Then she quit to have a baby, and I guess I quit because I was stuck in a plateau.  sigh.  What helps you move?  
Have you seen the journal entry joke about the personal trainer gift a daughter gives her mom?  It's hilarious...  Here's a link 

National Science Fiction Day -  I think I've already covered this one.  We are living in science fiction, folks!  I'm tellin ya! Just think of Back to the Future and how it looks in Marty's house - dehydrated pizza...ugh - but we do have freeze driers in our homes now!  (well, you could)  and hover boards...they claim to be working on those.  Auto dry coats?  Now that would be cool!! 

National Cream Puff Day - One of my favorite things in the world!!  Who doesn't love cream puffs??  Well, enjoy - everyone starts the diet tomorrow, right?  (not me, folks...just trying to eat better.)

Well, hopefully you've found something to make you smile.  I hope you have a great day!

No comments:

Wow... really??

so - I didn't realize it has been that long since my last post.  I think I kind of gave up on it, knowing I don't have many follower...