Friday, March 16, 2018

Happy Friday and Early St Patty's....

Okay - It's finally Friday!  I tell ya, yesterday I kept feeling like it was Friday all day long... I had to keep reminding myself that I had to work today.  Good grief!

So...there are several things to mention today...  Hope you wore green if you work in the school districts because tomorrow being st patty's day, there's like to be some over acheiving kidos who feel it is their duty to pinch anyone not in green, despite the fact that's tomorrow and not today.  Just sayin'...

Yesterday was appreciation of the abundance of food day.  I thought that was pretty cool - because here in the US, we do have an abundance of food.  Do you realize how much of it goes to waste every day??  That stuff could feed third world countries!!  I still don't know why they don't give the leftovers from restaurants that gets thrown out to the homeless shelters...  I mean, really!  Okay - I'll get off my soapbox for the day...  lol    Onto the other stuff.

Campfire Girls Day - I almost forgot there were Campfire Girls.  Girl scouts have pretty much taken center stage, and I'm sure Campfire girls have lost out a bit...  I was a bluebird when I was a kid.  Apparently Bluebird is campfire and brownies are girl scouts.  Have you ever heard of them?

Lips Appreciation Day
-  I guess you would never think about it unless you DIDN'T have lips...but your lips are pretty cool.  They help us say certain sounds, they keep our teeth mostly clean from stuff, and they are an attractive addition to our faces and uh...kissing!  ;)   But...it always makes me think of Veggie Tales and Larry...


No Selfies Day -  a day dedicated to trying to help people break free from the selfi!!  Personally, I don't see the fascination.  I'm not very good at taking my own picture.  I remember watching some baseball game with my hubby, and the commentators had found a group of girls that were at the game (and mind you, the tickets are WAY expensive) that weren't even paying attention to the game, they were all about taking selfies! (turns out it was some sorority group and they claimed they were there for the ice-cream and the selfies!) And it's always the little pout expression (or duck lips), the pursed lips, and tossed hair.  What's with that???  Well...anyway - if this is a problem for you, take a break today!  The commentators are pretty funny, at one point they wanted to do an intervention..  I'd post a link, but it had tons of adds and stuff.  You can look it up if you want.  :)


Panda Day -  This is to celebrate the Panda.  I don't know really what it is, except that they look like huge teddy bears - but everyone loves pandas.  They are awfully cute...  I thought I'd share a video of what it's like to try and clean up their habitats, lol.  It's way fun.


St. Urho's Day - This cracks me up.  This is kind of a made up holiday.  Here's a link to the official site...  but there are a couple of different stories.  St Urho is a combination of several people, and mainly to make it so the Finn's could drink the day before the Irish.  You decide, lol.  I'm not going to step in the middle of that!!  Just because both of them are celebrated more here than in their own countries...  lol

World Sleep Day Yes!  We need more sleep!!  You know that the average person doesn't get enough sleep, I think especially teachers!  I know I don't get enough sleep...  but yet it's hard to sleep in on the weekends because I'm so used to getting up at 6...sigh.  It's a rotten cycle... lol
 
national artichoke Day - Artichokes are a strange bit of veggie.  I grew up with them, my family steamed them and ate them with butter.  I always thought they were weird and more work than they were worth.  I really didn't like the insides...ugh!  slimy...thorny...not a big fan.  BUT - I do like them in things.  I love spinach artichoke dip, I like artichokes in pasta...so it's not a total hate thing.  But, I do think they are odd and I'm not a big fan.  Do you like them??  How do you eat them?  My hubby's family eats them with Mayo... 😜

and of course - tomorrow is the big green day!  I'm wondering if my grandkids are gonna expect anything...  I might have to make green cookies with them or something..  green eggs and ham??  :)
one more thing - my kids made sure that I watched it, so I have to share it.  Peter Hollens did a cover for Greatest Showman on the This is Me song...with 500 people!!  It's awesome...you'll love it if you're a Greatest Showman fan...


Well, however you celebrate your day and weekend, hope you have a great one!!

Will leave you with the Studio C thoughts on holidays... 

No comments:

Wow... really??

so - I didn't realize it has been that long since my last post.  I think I kind of gave up on it, knowing I don't have many follower...