Thursday, April 19, 2018

Almost there...

to the end of the week!  It's kind of been a long week for me...I was thinking Tuesday was Thursday, so now that it's Thursday, it feels like we should already be to Friday, lol.  I think I need mental help... to quote Cool Runnings..."whatever's wrong with you is no little thing."  :)

Anyway - so there are a couple of fun things to mention today:

High Five Day - it's the day where you have permission to high five everyone you see!  Make their day, let them know it's awesome to be alive. 

National Garlic Day - ah, garlic.  Who doesn't love the smell of it roasting, or cooking?  I have to admit, I think it's probably my favorite thing to add to a dish.  No, not everything needs garlic, but most of it.  I like it in sauce, I like it in casseroles, I pretty much put roasted garlic in everything I cook except deserts.  What's your favorite way to eat it?

National Hanging Out Day - this is not what your thinking.  This isn't about kids hanging out together instead of dating, lol.  This is about hanging clothes up on the clothesline outside and saving energy.  I keep trying to get my hubby to hook up one that you can pull and move.  He doesn't like that I want it attached at one end to the house, so we've had a debate on it for years and never put one up.  I grew up with a clothes line, and we also used to have those frames that you'd put in the jeans so they wouldn't shrink.  Anyone remember those??

National Stress Awareness Day - a note by this said it was supposed to be the first workday after taxes are due.  Well, that would have been yesterday, so I don't know why they're claiming it's today.  I figure stress is there no matter what time of year it is.  I think I posted a clip from Anastasia one year about stress "It's a killer, sir"... 

Oklahoma City Bombing Commemoration Day
- I remember this happening...I remember that it seemed unreal, and kind of far away.  For some reason this did not have the same impact on me that 9-11 did.  I think all of us remember the guys name.  What I think is amazing, is there is a museum dedicated to those who were killed.  Check it out...it's very interesting.

Well, only one more day and then it's weekend time and working in the yard.  Have a great day!

No comments:

Wow... really??

so - I didn't realize it has been that long since my last post.  I think I kind of gave up on it, knowing I don't have many follower...