Monday, April 23, 2018

Happy Monday!

And it's definitely spring!  This past weekend was so gorgeous - we just loved being outside and soaking in the sun.  Some of my neighbors got sunburned, but not me.  Just perfect.  And my tulips are soo gorgeous as well, I love this time of year.
Well, there's a few things to celebrate today... hope everyone did something fun for earth day.  I figure working in the yard is good earth day stuff.  Don't you??
Well...kind of a bare bones entry...no videos or photos...but hopefully you'll smile!

English Language Day - We have to have a day to celebrate the English language??  The most confusing, mis-understood language in the world?  lol. I've heard it's the hardest language for other language speakers to learn.  I think it's hilarious how many words mean so many different things.  And sound the same!  So doing spelling phonetically, is totally insane.  I mean, you can sail to the sale and nail the nail (hammer and finger) and all, but you don't know anything until you've pinned the tail or told the tale.  And I'm not even having the big words come to mind...  :)

English Muffin Day - if only I had known!!  I would have tried to buy some on Saturday so we could have them for breakfast today.  I love English Muffins!  Especially the whole wheat kind.  You toast them and butter and jam...and there's all the little crevasses with butter in them...  yum. 

Movie Theatre Day - I think this day should be tomorrow so everyone can take advantage of the $5 Tuesday stuff.  That's our favorite day to go to the movies - either Cinemark or Megaplex - they're both $5 on Tuesday!!

Talk Like Shakespeare Day - thinketh thou that this would be a favored pastime?  It doth not seem to have favor with the larger populace, me thinks that they have grown too lazy in their demeanor and speech hast becometh short in meaning.

World Book & Copyright Day - copyright is a big thing.  I never realized how big a thing until one of my writer friends ended up having to go to court because someone plagiarized a whole book of hers and tried to pass it off as her own.  It has been a three year fight for it to finally go to court!!  People are crazy.  Why would someone even try this??  Why would you deliberately set out to hurt and deceive?  It boggles the mind.  :(

World Book Night - apparently it's a big deal that the royal baby was born on world book (day) night.  That was the first I'd heard that she'd had the baby.  Well...third one to the family, and I think it's cool that she's in good health and the marriage is still good (as far as we know - as if it's any of our business, lol)  Anyway - it's apparently a tradition to give books out to those who don't have many, or who struggle reading, or who like to read.  :)   so, give a book to someone you love!!

It's also National Picnic day - which is a good thing.  If it dries up after our morning shower, it looks like it would be a great day for a picnic!  I tried to do one yesterday, but no one came...so we just stayed inside.  sigh. 

And - Cherry Cheesecake day.  Personally, I'm not a big cherry fan...but I like cheesecake.  Or I used to.  I'm finding my tastebuds are changing as I get older.  sigh.  That's just wrong... lol.  What's your favorite flavor of cheesecake?  Well, you might want to surprise the family and have some today!

Have a great one!

No comments:

Wow... really??

so - I didn't realize it has been that long since my last post.  I think I kind of gave up on it, knowing I don't have many follower...