Friday, May 18, 2018

Dry Spell...but I'm still here.

I just haven't had the time....nor the inclination to write.  I thought that was rather imature of me, lol, so I figured I'd try and get something out today.  It is, after all, FRIDAY! and for some reason we always are excited about the weekends.  I overheard in a classroom the other day that one kid wished everyday was Friday.  I thought well, that would make it so you hated Friday, because we have to work sometime, or we can't eat or sleep in doors, lol.  So - we need to enjoy each day as we get them.  I like to quote KungFu Panda where the old turtle is telling Po that every day is a gift, that is why today is called the present.  We need to appreciate each day and gift of our lives, you don't know how long yours is going to be.

So...that seemed to be a little heavier than I meant...so onto lighter stuff.  :)  Tonight I get to have a girls night with my daugthters...it's the father and son (well...priesthood commemoration night, officially, but it will always be father's and sons to us, lol) campout.  Since it's at a neighbors and not up in the mountains, I'm not sure many are going to camp out.  I know my hubby isn't planning on it.  I recommended he come home and sleep in his own comfy bed, not some air mattress that always gives out in the middle of the night.  He agreed.  :)  He's really smart that way...
He's also a sweetheart...have I mentioned that before?  This week the Bees had a teacher appreciation game where the teachers could get two free tickets to the game last night.  We got some!!!  I texted my hubby on Monday and said, hey - want to go to a ball game free??  I mean...this man loves him some baseball...and we hardly get a chance to go anymore.  So, he jumped right on that and got some awesome tickets for last nights game.  And what a game!!!  They were playing the Sacramento River Cats, and it was not the best game for pitchers...  12 - 11!!!  wow...  we had been ahead by 4, and then they got several more hits.  It was a little chilly when the wind whipped around, but it was a great night and we loved it.  See?

So - since, as you'll see in a moment... today is pizza party day, we're going to have pizza for dinner.  I just have no idea what movie we'll watch...  Any recommendations??

so...to the list of today's celebrations.  I hope you knew about chicken dance day - everyone should have done the chicken dance...lol.

Buy A Musical Instrument Day- this is in honor the The Music Man.  I think it's a great way to encourage young people to play an instrument.  I don't think the average person can afford to buy a random instrument, but perhaps you could rent one, or encourage kidos to take band in school... (of course that would mean next year since this one is almost over...lol)

I Love Reeses Day - Yeah reeses!!!  They are so good, although, I have to admit, I don't care for them as much anymore.  I don't like milk chocolate and they don't make much of them in dark.  So...it's still good cold...and the mini ones are yummy in ice cream...just saying.  ;)
enjoy!!!

NASCAR Day -  For all of you racing fans out there - it's your day!!  I've never really been a big racing fan.  I grew up in California near a racing track and only went once.  When I say near, I mean you could hear the cars revving at my house.  We also heard one time when they were having a wet t-shirt contest and some men fell off the back of the bleachers...lol
This makes me think of two movies though:  Cars and Turbo.  I loved both shows...although I think I might even like Turbo better.  Who can beat that kind of underdog???


National Bike to Work Day - Well, for those who can do this, I think it's awesome.  There's a guy at work (you know who you are) who bikes every day!  rain, shine, snow...brrr!  he's dedicated.  He's been doing it for years.  My hubby used to do this, and then they stopped supplying him with a district car and he has to drive everywhere...bike doesn't work for big computers...just sayin'.  :)

National Museum Day - Museums!!  Like to visit museums?  Well today there is usually somewhere a free visit to the museum day.  I'm not sure if any are in Utah, but you can check it out.  Here's a link...  I would love to do this if I weren't working, lol

National Pizza Party Day  - Pizza party day!  Whoo! whoo! whoo!  lol.  Have I mentioned that I like pizza?  It's kind of an obsession...you'd think since we have once owned a pizza restaurant and had pizza every day for two years that we'd have been sooo sick of it and never want to see it again - but we made good pizza and the kids still wish we had the joint.  We even still have the recipe, but it's kind of hard to cut down to a regular sized mixer, lol.  I do have to admit that my favorite pizza used to be canadian bacon with pineapple...and I couldn't eat it for years.  Only now am I able to munch on it without forcing myself.  :)   My favorite pizza??  Pepperoni and pineapple!!  Of course...light alfredo sauce with chicken, bacon, pineapple and peppers is awesome too...  yum!!


National Cheese Souffle day -  If you like soufles, then here's one for  you.  I think they are little too complicated and not worth the time.  I mean, who cares if it's poufy or falls flat??  Have you ever tried german pancakes?  They are much like a soufle, but they ALWAYS go flat, so doesn't change the taste...just sayin'.  :)

Visit Your Relatives Day  - everyone needs family!!  If you can, go visit your relatives today.  I'm going in June...so it's on hold.  Might wave at my bro as I pass his house today...  :)   Go watch Relative Race!!

Have a great weekend!  I know we will.  :)

No comments:

Wow... really??

so - I didn't realize it has been that long since my last post.  I think I kind of gave up on it, knowing I don't have many follower...