Friday, May 25, 2018

Happy Friday and Memorial Day weekend!!

So...what a week!  It's gone by so fast...and I'm afraid the weekend will too, I guess we'll see.  There's a couple of things to comment on today, and since I'm kind of busy today too, it's gonna be short - although that in no way should be inferred as a slur against anyone, lol.  ;)

Cookie Monster's Birthday - Happy bday cookie monster!!  It's time to make cookies and give them away to everyone.  Isn't that the best way to celebrate?  and we must have a clip from Studio C...






Don't Fry Day - so, I'm not sure if they're talking about literally frying food, or if they are hinting at frying yourself in the sun.  Either way, I can see their point.  Frying is not necessarily a good thing.  However - when your son purchases a fryer and likes to fry everything from hotdogs to shrimp, you take the shrimp when you can.  :)  or...if you are like the Robinsons,...frying is ALWAYS a good thing - just not frozen turkeys, right??  who knows about that one???



National Polka Day - Polka!!  Who likes to polka?  I did when I was a teenager.  I think it takes way to much energy now, lol


National Tap Dance Day - I think this is something thats dying out, so I think it's wonderful that they have a day for it.  I love this clip that shows all the great old timers doing their best.  If you've seen it, sorry - but it's awesome!


 
National Wig Out Day - Ever wanted to try another hair style without the cut?  Or see how you'd look with long blonde hair??  Today is the day to try that wig on and see how it fits you!!  Go to a wig shop and try one on!  You know you've always wanted to.  :)

Nerd Pride Day or Geek Pride Day - This day is the day the nerd rules!!  If you are so smart that you don't get the jokes, or can dismantle and reassemble the vcr in less than two hours, this is your day!!  :)

Towel Day - Towels!!  Who would have thought??  I personally like me a good long wide, thick towel.  But - that's not all a towel is good for!!  Whoever has read Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy or seen the movie knows what I mean.  :)


Well - have a terrific weekend!  The weather is supposed to be nice, and it's always a good time to pull out that grill and cook everything from veggies to shrimp.  I know we're probably going to do a bunch.  enjoy!!!

No comments:

Wow... really??

so - I didn't realize it has been that long since my last post.  I think I kind of gave up on it, knowing I don't have many follower...