Friday, May 04, 2018

I'm so Bummed...

I'm missing out on one of the greatest events of all time..  the LDS Storymakers conference happening this weekend.  sigh.  All because I couldn't take the time off and I have face painting tomorrow.  Well...here's to all my writing friends who are soaking in the words and wisdom of those who know, lol.  Hope it's awesome...it usually is!

Well...and it's Friday!!  So, I'm not totally bummed...just a little.  I mean, one of my co-workers is going to Hawaii next week, which means BEACH!!  and I'm really missing the ocean lately...  Good thing I'm going to be able to see it in June!  :)

So...we are finally warming up (a little too warm already, but ya know) and it's going to be an awesome weekend.  I'm going to be at the Cinco de Mayo celebration at the Golden Spike, so you should come!!  It should be interesting...

Anyway - fun stuff to celebrate.  It's Friday, it's May...only 19 days of school left, lol.  :)

Bird Day - celebrate all birds!  If you love them, feed them! lol  We have a hummingbird feeder, but they haven't shown up yet this year.  And we have a HUGE magpie nest in our apple tree.  I'm not happy Bob.  :(   Dang birds.  We are not magpie lovers.  What's your favorite bird?

National Orange Juice Day - (and candied orange peel...ugh) - love orange juice!  It fills me up, does it you?  If I drink it with breakfast I don't really need much else and it sits in my stomach for a while too.  I guess that means it's probably not my favorite drink, but I still like it.  :)


And yes...the day you've all been waiting for...Intergalactic Star Wars Day!  Or, as it's more commonly known...May the Fourth Be With You!  Anyone who is a Star Wars fan loves this day.  You should all go home tonight and have a Star Wars marathon.  And I'm meaning watch the OLD ones...the original ones.  lol.
And since I'm going to be too busy to blog tomorrow when it's revenge of the fifth... here's a clip from Studio C...one we love about Darth Sidious...lol.


International Firefighters Day - I didn't know there were international firefighters...perhaps they just mean firefighters all over the world.  All of them are amazing.  It takes a special person to be someone who goes to a fire rather than run away from it...  :)  They must all be super boovs!


International Respect for Chickens Day - okay, I'm not sure why chicken deserve respect...especially internationally?  But hey, I respect chicken.  It's an awesome meat.  I love me some chicken.  Who wants chicken for lunch?? 


International Space Day - Kind of goes with the whole Star Wars day, right?  I think things are kind of exciting right now, with the private section doing their own thing.  NASA has kind of dropped behind things, and it's not really their fault...funding is a big issue.  But if you're into space stuff, we love The Martian - it's awesome.  Love this scene...



Petite and Proud Day - I'm considered short in my family, but that's because I have four sons all taller than me.  Okay...and two daughters.  One daughter is the same height at least!! But I have neighbors who are almost legally midgets.  The grandmother lives right next door, and her granddaughter's are pretty petite.  One of them is almost 4'.  They are gorgeous, and make the most of their height.  The one - when she went on a mission and gave her farewell talk - pulled the little kid stand over to stand on so they had to raise the podium.  She'd wanted to do that her whole life, lol.

School Lunch Hero Day - horray for the lunch ladies!!  Without them school lunches could be a scary thing.  I know some people think they're scary anyway, but hey, these ladies bring a smile to most of those kids faces, and they are dedicated.  Our neighbor used to make lunch at the high school, back when it was really cooked there - and she made the best peanut butter bars!!  We might have to make some tonight in her honor...lol.  And take some to her.  :)


Tuba Day - and last...it's Tuba Day.  I think the Tuba is a highly underrated instrument.  I can't imagine trying to carry around this huge thing to play!  Marching band...really??  You got to have some arm muscles for that.  Here's a clip of what I think that looks like, lol...


Hope you have an awesome Friday and weekend!  Remember, tomorrow is cinco de Mayo in the American culture, lol.  That means we party more than the Mexicans!  Don't know what it is that makes us take someone else's culture and run with it...you know, like St Patricks day??  Anyway...enjoy your party weekend!


No comments:

Wow... really??

so - I didn't realize it has been that long since my last post.  I think I kind of gave up on it, knowing I don't have many follower...