Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Baby it's HOT outside...

Oh boy - some people just thrive on the heat.  That's why they move to southern states, southern part of states, southern part of the globe, etc.... lol  (well, I guess not too south, that's COLD) :)
But anyway - had a wonderful trip to the coast to visit my bro and his wife - and it was gloriously cool!!!  It never got hotter than 70's!  My hubby offered to let me stay there...but I had commitments here, and came home.  But I tell ya, right after we got home, it got HOT.  I'm not made for these temps, people!  I did much better in Oregon...  sigh.  But such is life.  We are hoping that some time in the future we might be able to join my bro - he's not there right now anyway, he still has 22 months of work, lol.  But I guess we'll see.  Where is your favorite place?  I used to say the beach was ALWAYS my favorite, and then I discovered Island Park, Idaho.  Now it's a tie.  I love the peace...it's generally cooler, and it's just lovely.  And on the note of lovely...  my glads are blooming!!
I don't know why I love them so much, but I do.  I wish they didn't have such heavy heads, half of them end up bent over!  But, they are gorgeous, and I'll be painting them, I'm sure.  Well, at least that's the goal...
So anyway - my whole point in starting this post was I realized I hadn't done a celebration one in a while.  Everyone is posting about how today is Pina Colada day, so I had to look and see what else was up...
Don't Step On A Bee Day - this is a good thing to note.  Who wants to step on a bee?  Why would you have to have a day to celebrate it???  I just don't get people sometimes.  Go figure.  It just makes me remember the childrens song:  "I'm bringing home a baby bumblebee...won't my mommy be so proud of me, I'm bringing home a baby bumblebee...Ouch!  It stung me!  I'm squishing up a baby bumblebee..."  lol

Piña Colada Day - Here ya go - the one everyone else is touting, lol.  I'm not big on Pina Colada's because I'm not a big coconut fan.  ugh.  


U.S. Energy Independence Day - I figure I'm doing my part on this one - we have solar, baby!!  It's so excited to see our power bill at less than $10!!  and this last month we actually had a credit!  I am doing a happy dance.  :)   Now if we can keep that going, it would be nice.  The five adults living in the house with us tend to use a lot of electricity though...so we're ready to cut everyone off at 9pm, lol.


and last...something sounds good to me.  it's National Pick Blueberries day!  we actually drove by a blueberry farm on our way to the coast.  I thought it was cool, I've never seen one before.  I wanted to stop and pick, but we were sort of on a time crunch, so we didn't.  I love blueberries, do you?  I love them in smoothies, in yogurt, in bread, pancakes, muffins...not a big fan of them fresh unless in fruit salad and or in ice cream, but ya know.  We all have our little quirks, right?

have a great day!!  here's a little vid to help with the relaxing and cool thoughts...







No comments:

Wow... really??

so - I didn't realize it has been that long since my last post.  I think I kind of gave up on it, knowing I don't have many follower...