Friday, August 17, 2018

Back to the Job!

Okay folks...  It's the middle of August and I'm already back at work.  What's up with that???  lol   And for a lot of us, having a job is a good thing, and my job (I think I've said before) is one of the best...but I really didn't want to go back this year.  sigh.  My hubby even said I should quit...but I feel like we need to pay off some other things first...so I'm plugging at it.  My poor granddaughter was so upset when she realized how close school was to starting...she thought she had almost another month, lol.  And she's only going into 2nd grade.  :)  Poor thing...didn't have the heart to tell her that she's only at the beginning of things...  Reminded me of Sally in the Peanuts move:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDOf0gz5Uw4

I haven't done the holiday bit for a while either, cause - hello?  I've been crazy busy!!  Hopefully you haven't needed a reason to celebrate - you have each day of life!!  but in case you've missed them, I've got them again for today.  I mean...it's FRIDAY!!  and that's always good...it's the Ogden Balloon and arts festival in Eden...which is awesome!!  and it's some other fun things - so let's see what we have: 

I Love My Feet Day - Hey - I hope everyone loves their feet!  Your feet can make you miserable if they are miserable!  I don't like to wear shoes.  (I feel like I'm at shoes annon... "hello, my name is Gaynell, and it's been three days since I've worn shoes...")  If I didn't have to wear them for work and to keep from getting frost bite, I would probably not wear them. 
As a result, I have really dry soles and get cracked heels.  I'm always having to slather them at night and wear socks to bed to keep from having them crack open and bleed.  I know - that's probably more than you wanted to know, but I wanted to prove a point.  You need to take care of your feet!  Soaking them in Redmond Clay is also very good for them...skin and circulation wise.  So, anyway - especially if you have a job where you're on your feet all the time, you need to take care of them.  And if you have to wear shoes, make sure they are comfortable and good for you...cost is definitely an issue, but worth it when it comes to a good shoe.  Just saying.

Meaning of "Is" Day - the meaning of 'is'??  what's up with that??  I think some people have waaayyy too much time on their hands...


Men's Grooming Day - ugh.  Why do we need a day to remind men to groom?  It's probably a promotional thing to get men to buy better shavers, or aftershave or get haircuts or something. 
Men - life is short.  If you like to be stylish, be stylish.  If you like to be a natural man and let the hair grow, have a beard.  (Kind of hot in the summer, but ya know).  As long as you take showers, wear deodorant and wear clothes that are clean, life is good, right?  I've seen a LOT of man buns this year...so the growing the hair thing must be popular. (and the same goes for women too...  women's lib or not, lol)

 National Thrift Shop Day - best thing about thrift shops??  They have amazing stuff that doesn't cost an arm and a leg!!  I love thrift shops.  Some of them are a little scary, and some of them are way organized, but they are fun.  Whenever we go visit my brother and sister-in-law we invariably end up at a thrift store.  Partly because she likes antique shops, and sometimes they'll be next door - and partly because she likes to shop that way.  We found my hubby a fun hat in one this last visit because they were working outside all the time and he didn't want to get sunburned on the head.  Just sayin' - go support your local non profit - there's got to be one by ya.  We always go to Deseret Industries, but Goodwill is awesome too.

and so - the food item of the day from the Nibble is National Vanilla Custard Day - YUM!  I am a Big custard fan.  I don't make it often simply because I would eat it all the time if I did.  I don't do the formal bake in the oven kind, that takes too long.  What kind do you like best?

I have to mention the sorrow I feel for the passing of Aretha...she was amazing.  What was your favorite song of hers?  I like this little clip with "Say a Little Prayer"...


and of course...we need some kind of music to get the mood going for the weekend.
Need some Timberlake this morning...and some Piano Guys.




Have a great weekend!!

No comments:

Wow... really??

so - I didn't realize it has been that long since my last post.  I think I kind of gave up on it, knowing I don't have many follower...