Friday, August 24, 2018

It's Friday! Happy Dance....

and that means I'm happy!


Although, I'm not as excited as I normally would be because it's going to be a busy weekend and I'm not sure we're going to relax much...
We have a art booth tonight at Layton FEST - come see us!!  and then tomorrow I have a booth at the Eccles Art Center 125 birthday festival!!  I'm most excited for that...I feel that it's a true art venue and perhaps will have more exposure - I guess we'll see.  I've tried to have prints available, but they're so expensive and take so much time!!!  :(   sigh...  Oh well.  And then we have a play after that, so the kids are going to help man the booth and put it down...  that's making me nervous.  I mean...my paintings... Image result for free gifs that's mine!                                                    
So...  then Sunday we're babysitting grandkids again (which is probably a every weekend thing for a bit) and that's always relaxing... NOT!  lol  At least we love them and their sweeties...  :)
So...how's your weekend going to go?? 
and just as a side note - I can't seem to get the clips to space up, so I ended up with all this extra space before them...sorry ya have to scroll so much!  I'm working on it, I promise!!

Anyway - to add some silliness to the day, we have to talk about the fun holidays...
Pluto Demoted Day - I think I'm still in denial about this, silly though that may be.  I mean...Pluto has always been a planet!!!  Just because there's a bunch of others the same size, lol...  nothing to do with it.  Why don't they name all those other ones then??  Everyone wants a planet named after them...
Okay - that just begs for the studio C episode:







William Wilberforce Day - What an amazing man.  I need to look up some books on him and read them, but my favorite thing is the movie that was made about him.  Oh, I know it's not historically perfect and accurate, but it definitely gives you an idea about the man and what drove him.  Here's some clips from it:






World Daffodil Day - I don't know why there is a world daffodil day, but hey, I love the flower.  It's wayyy past when they bloom here, so you'd think this would be some time in the spring, wouldn't you??

National Waffle Iron Day - yeah for the waffle iron!!!  I think waffles are some of the best breakfast food...well, anytime food.  Have you tried Waffle Love?  that's the food truck that goes around to events.  They are amazing.  There is also a new restaurant in Station Park that's everything waffle.  I have to say I think it's an interesting sign of our day that we have so many restaurants that specialize.  Especially the little soda joints, but that's another time and another post.  ;)

and last... National Peach Pie day!!  To quote Tom Cruise - everybody likes pie!

But seriously - peach pie is good...I like cobbler better.  I have a friend that makes awesome peach pie!!  It was more like a peach tart, but I liked it!!  now is peach season too, so enjoy them when they start to go!  We had a hail storm the other day, and someone was saying how it knocked half the peaches off their tree...  :(  so sad...

Anyway - there ya have it.  Hope you have a great weekend, and enjoy some peach pie waffles!!  :)










No comments:

Wow... really??

so - I didn't realize it has been that long since my last post.  I think I kind of gave up on it, knowing I don't have many follower...