Friday, September 21, 2018

It's Friday again...

and yes, I've neglected you this week.  sigh.  Once again it's been a crazy week, though I have to admit, we actually got to watch a movie this week!!  so things are slowing down a little.  :)

There isn't a whole lot of exciting stuff today, but it is the day before the fall equinox.  I always thought the 21st was the first day of fall...go figure.  😏  one of my co-workers says it's always 'about' the 21st or 22nd...depends on the calendar.  sigh.

National Pecan Cookie day -  I love pecans!  I used to love the little sandys cookies...but now they're too sweet.  I don't know that I've ever had a pecan cookie, so I might have to investigate them.  What's your favorite recipe?  This one looks good... 

International Grenache Day - if you're a wine drinker, you'll know what this day is all about.  I'm not...so I'll let you enjoy it for me.  :)

National Doodle Day - this days is dedicated to the creative mind, I'm sure.  Those who have to draw in the corner of their pages while taking notes, or in a boring meeting, or having to wait...we are doodlers, people, and the more bored we are, the more creative we get.  My family has a weekly meeting on Sunday night to determine who is doing dinner and dishes each day of the week.  This past Sunday I started drawing circles on the bottom of the calendar page and my son was elbowing me. son- Why are you drawing circles on the bottom???  me - because I can!  lol  Personally, I think it's practice in making circles, which is always good.  Do you doodle?  Did you know that Charles Schulz was a champion doodler too?  Yep.  If your artistic, you probably doodle.  Some people color, like in those adult coloring books, but most of us doodle.

so, that's it for today.  Tomorrow is another great day - hopefully you'll have time to enjoy the wonderful leaves and cool weather!!

Here's a bit of music to help you get through the rest of the day...

No comments:

Wow... really??

so - I didn't realize it has been that long since my last post.  I think I kind of gave up on it, knowing I don't have many follower...