Tuesday, September 25, 2018

It's only three months till Christmas...

I'll bet you didn't expect that, did ya?  I can't believe it's three months from today!!  😲  When I look at it that way, it freaks me out.
So...happy Tuesday!  lol

Math Story Telling Day -  I guess for all those who need a reason to use math, this is the day.  Stories are the ones that make the most sense.  But - I find it difficult to figure out how you'd use algebra in a story problem... lol

National One-Hit Wonder Day - there are so many one hit wonders out there, it's kind of sad.  They come up with an amazing hit, and then can't quite seem to do it again.  You'd think it was easy, but it's pretty dang hard, if you look at the numbers.  What are your favorites?  Here's a couple of the one's I remember:
"Play That Funky Music" by Wild Cherry
"Ain't No Stoppin' Us Now" McFadden & Whitehead
"We're Not Gonna Take It” by Twisted Sister
"Cotton Eye Joe" - Rednex

My ALL TIME FAV... we sang this in music class in 6th grade, lol  "Spirit in the Sky" by Norman Greenbaum.  And it made the Guardians of the Gallaxy mix!




National Tune-up Day - If you need a day to remind you to take care of your car, this is the day!!  don't be like my son and burn up your car because you can't remember to change the oil... .sigh...

National Voter Registration Day - BE REGISTERED!  You have no right to complain about who is in office in this country if you are not registered to vote and do not vote.  Just sayin.

National Woman Road Warrior Day - woman road warrior??  is that a new sport?  lol  No - apparently it's the day dedicated to the women business travelers who do a lot of travel for work.  You know, like the business man is always travelling, well, there are women who do it too.  I don't know that I'd like that kind of job.  I like just going to my schools.  :)

National Lobster Day - now that's my kind of day to celebrate.  Of course, I don't eat lobster very much...in fact I can probably count on one hand the amount of times I've had real lobster - but it's yummy when you can afford it and get it.  Have a good one with that!  Have to share one of my favorite scenes involving lobster...


Well...have a great week!  Get that Christmas shopping done...and enjoy this wonderful fall weather!
😏

No comments:

Wow... really??

so - I didn't realize it has been that long since my last post.  I think I kind of gave up on it, knowing I don't have many follower...