Monday, October 08, 2018

Happy Monday!

And Canadian Thanksgiving, for those of us who like to celebrate anything to do with food, lol. 
Actually, my hubby lived there for 2 years, and so we've celebrated Canadian Thanksgiving since we got married.  Since our children have become older, it's our family Thanksgiving, and the one in November is when they can go to in-laws or do their own and we go to my sisters.  We figure it's a win-win...  two thanksgiving dinners!! I was going to attach a post from Studio C where they have a thanksgiving, but it's not the one I was thinking of.  I know many of us have things we are thankful for, so hope this brings many to mind. 
I'm thankful for all of you!

For those of you with federal connections, they have the day off today as it's Columbus Day...or Indigenous Peoples Day...(really??) so my son is home. It's kind of fun because all my kids (that are living at home) are in charge of making dinner today.  It's kind of nice knowing that I don't have to make sure everything is done when I get home from work...though that will probably still be a stress, lol.

Anyway - it's also National Pierogi day...which seems Canadian as well.  Right??  We love those dumpling style things, but haven't had them in a long time- too much effort to make from scratch, and haven't found decent one's worth buying recently.  sigh.

And National Salmon Day - you'd think that would be in August when they are running, but whatever.  Good stuff anyway...
So, it's Monday, a new week...a newish month (some of us were playing all last week and so, it's new to us, lol) and a wonderful coolness of season.
Hope you have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Wow... really??

so - I didn't realize it has been that long since my last post.  I think I kind of gave up on it, knowing I don't have many follower...