Tuesday, October 16, 2018

It's bosses day! and other great stuff...

So - yesterday was I love Lucy Day.  How did I miss that???  I used to watch I Love Lucy every day when I was a kid.  I didn't like the show as much when they did it in color, lol, but it was good.  This is a good one for educators...



This is another one that I'll always remember, lol.


Department Store Day -  I guess this is the day to go shopping and celebrate the department store.  If Woolworths was still around, that's where we'd go...or maybe Mervyns!!  I grew up with them...  😊

Dictionary Day - This is the day that Noah Webster was born...so we celebrate the dictionary in his honor.  My autistic son loves the dictionary.  He purchased one off ebay that was printed in 1932.  It's almost 10 inches thick, and he loves it.  It's one big heavy thing...  ugh.  Has some great stuff in it though...it really is a fascinating read - especially on how things and meanings of things have changed since then. 
Global Cat Day - cats!  I have always been a cat person, but since I've gotten older they are more tolerated, lol.  I guess I'm not big on litter boxes and scratched furniture anymore.  sigh.  But I still love to watch kittens and the purrr of a cat...  😊   there are some fun videos of cats out there though...so if you have time later, you'll want to watch them.  😊


Well...hope you all have a great day.  Most of us have just one day left and then a long weekend.  Hope you have a nice relaxing one!!!

No comments:

Wow... really??

so - I didn't realize it has been that long since my last post.  I think I kind of gave up on it, knowing I don't have many follower...