Wednesday, October 17, 2018

It's Wednesday!

And for some of us, that is actually a Friday, as we get a long weekend.  kind of awesome!!  :)
Hope you all had a great day yesterday...I sure did. We kind of spent too much time watching old clips of I Love Lucy as my hubby didn't watch them like I did when we were kids, so he hadn't seen lots of them.  Like the one with vitameatavegamin, lol.
Today has a whole list of stuff we can play with if you're bored.

Information Overload Day - I think that is most of society today, which everything being electronic and all the gadgets that are supposed to help us with out day.  How many of you have Alexis or Echo or Google in your house???  We don't!!!  Read 1984, lol.

International Print Day - This is kind of interesting, I've never heard of this one.  I support it whole heartedly!!  I don't know how many of you are purists when it comes to books, but I like a physical book much more than an ebook version.  This site highlights what makes it such an important aspect of our lives.  Check it out...books are much better on the written page!  Visit the Library and check out something good to read.  :)

Mulligan Day - this is for you golfers out there.... enjoy your day!

National Fossil Day - like fossils?  join your friends and have a fossil party!  My son used to want to be a paleontologist...  sigh.  At least we don't have a bunch of fossils in the house...

National Pasta Day - this is an awesome day...we had pasta last night for dinner, so probably won't tonight, but I would highly recommend it!!  lol

National Playing Card Collectors Day - are you one of those that collects playing cards?  My daughter likes to buy a deck wherever we go and has one from several places.  She isn't a world traveler, so nothing exotic.  the most far away are Alaska and Hawaii...but it's kind of fun.  My hubby has a deck of Star Trek cards because my son found them online.  Do you like to collect them?

Pay Back A Friend Day - all of you have a friend that has saved your butt in one way or another...today is the day to pay them back.  Let them know you have their back as much as they had yours.  Random Acts of Kindness would be good, lol.  take them out to lunch or buy them some ice cream...whatever would be special to them.  A movie is always good!  :)
 
National Take Your Parents To Lunch Day
- Yes!  Too bad my kids never take me up on this one...

Wear Something Gaudy Day - well, if I didn't have to look professional at work this would be fun.  Can you wear something gaudy?  When I worked at Jacob Lake Lodge after my mission, we had halloween at the lodge and my friend and I dressed up in the kitchen.  (I was one of the cooks.)  Unfortunately, it kind of put off some of the customers...I was wearing a pair of sunglasses that were kind of an early version of Jordy LaForge's visor on Start Trek Next Gen...lol.  It was pretty funny the comments we got, asking if I was a blind cook, lol.  sigh...  oh well, some people have no imagination, right?  But gaudy is easy to tell!!  :)

Well...no videos today, so kind of boring - but hopefully you'll have plenty to entertain you.  Have a good one!!

No comments:

Wow... really??

so - I didn't realize it has been that long since my last post.  I think I kind of gave up on it, knowing I don't have many follower...