Monday, November 26, 2018

And Onward to the Season!!!

So hopefully you all had a marvelous Thanksgiving weekend, ate too much, had lots of yummy pie, and spent lots of time with family!!  I know I did.  It was a hectic weekend as well, going to a movie with grandkids...having dinners with family...getting prepped for tonight's booth - but I got lots of cards ready and most of my 12 days of Christmas settled.  I only have one that I don't really like...  oh well.  It's gonna be cold, but I found two heaters that a neighbor is letting me borrow...  hopefully we'll be good!!

So... to get this week off and going, I thought I'd share the couple of things I found:

Cider MondayEveryone knows it's Cyber Monday...but did you know it was also Cider Monday??  That's right!  Apparently, to fight the big online push of cyber Monday, local businesses are still wanting to promote people purchasing from them.  I was all excited thinking we were going to celebrate one of my favorite drinks.  Apple cider...  sigh.  Oh well - however you want to celebrate it, no one else has to know, right?  I like the idea of spiced Apple Cider...curling up in front of the fire...  Or maybe coming out to the Stroll Kaysville and freezing your butt off while drinking free hot cocoa and eating free doughnuts and buying my prints...  :)   That's always good!  Just think of a large mug of cider...


Cyber Monday - and of course we all know about Cyber Monday now.  I think it's kind of crazy...just another day that celebrates buying and selling.  It reminds me of A Christmas Carol and (the movie with George C. Scott) they are going through the market on Christmas day.  Scrooge comments that there's a lot of buying going on...  The spirit of Christmas present informs him it's not about the buying, its about the preparation for family and friends.  However, I think there is a little too much focus on the buying...  I think we could all stand to go back to an old fashioned Christmas where everyone has to make a gift for their family.  Something that takes and time, not just running out to the store...  don't get me wrong - I know that shopping in an of itself can be an art. and an important part of the gift giving.  But I think we get too caught up in that rat race.
Studio C has an excelent little skit on this day, lol:


National Cake Day  - so, after all the pies this last weekend (which were soooo good!!)  perhaps you're tired of pie and want cake!  I mean, who doesn't like cake either, right?  My hubby made a yummy pumpkin roll yesterday that we will probably have tonight (as he made 2), so I'm set.  How about you??  Want to make cake??  lol

Have a great Monday!!


 

No comments:

Wow... really??

so - I didn't realize it has been that long since my last post.  I think I kind of gave up on it, knowing I don't have many follower...