Friday, January 18, 2019

Happy Friday and long weekend!!

Greetings to all!!  Hope you have a wonderful day planned.  We were supposed to get this huge winter storm that hasn't happened.  It never seems to do when they do the whole alert bit.  I figure we can relax when we get the warnings, lol.

Yesterday was Cable Car Day... and I wanted to post a scene from one of my favorite movies, but I can't find the clip.  If you've never seen Yours Mine and Ours, you really need to watch it, it's lovely.  :)   But there's a scene where Lucille Ball and Henry Fonda are on a cable car in San Francisco discussing how many children they have between the two of them.  Lucille exclaims - "Frank!  We're on a cable car!" he says "I know."  She says "I get sick on cable cars."  He says "Wait till you hear how many children I have."...  It's great.

Anyway - onto todays tidbits...

Bean Day - This is supposed to be promoting the eating of beans.  The link that Brownielocks had wasn't good anymore, so I'm not sure, but it did go to the Bean Institute.  There's lots of jokes about beans... 'Beans beans, the magical fruit - the more you eat, the more you toot!  Let's have beans for every meal!'  ugh. Especially if you grew up with boys...  One of the reasons I got one of those electric pressure cookers is so I didn't have to soak beans overnight to use them without using canned ones.  So far I've only done beans once in it, and it died half way through the soup... so, still working on that.  :)   What's your favorite dish with beans??

International Fetish Day -  Do you have a fetish that drives your family or friends crazy?  Or does someone else do stuff that drives you crazy??  This is the day to celebrate!!  We all have little quirks and habits that can grate on others...  some more than...  but anyway - it's what makes us all individual and special. 

Pooh (Winnie The) Day -  One of my favorite characters!!  If you have a chance, you should watch the new one with Ewan McGreggor - it's really well done!!  But I raised my kids on Winnie the Pooh, and my mother raised her kids on him, and it's been a family favorite since I can't remember when.  I felt everyone needed to hear the song.  :)



Thesaurus Day -  being a writer, the thesaurus is one of my favorite references.  I use it a lot when I'm searching for a word that isn't the same old thing.  It's convenient to look up on the internet as well, when my copy doesn't seem to be handy.  Everyone wish Mr Roget happy 240th bday!  wow...that's old...

National Peking Duck Day - I don't know anyone who really eats it, but I'm sure there are lots.  Its supposed to be really good.  I just remember seeing it in the Christmas Story where they go to have Chinese food for the first time. 


well - hope you have a great weekend.  Every day is a treat, right?  :)  In case you missed it (like we did because of the fire on the parade) Alex Boye was in the Rose Parade this year!!  singing his Lemonade song....so I'll leave you with that today.  Lemonade is my favorite treat!!



No comments:

Wow... really??

so - I didn't realize it has been that long since my last post.  I think I kind of gave up on it, knowing I don't have many follower...