Tuesday, January 15, 2019

happy Tuesday! and a treat...

Hi everyone!!  So...since everyone is on the sugar free band wagon, and there are challenges around the neighborhood galore, I thought I'd share today's food day....  😈

it's National Bagel Day - which means you can have a yummy one slathered with cream cheese.... or some almond butter...  or some avocado.  yum...  I'm not sure if the no sugar people are talking ANYTHING with sugar, which means like ketchup, etc...  if so, that's no bread products as well.  Unless you do biscuits...they don't have sugar!  😊  But anyway - bagels are good.  My favorite is the wild blueberry at Einsteins bagels...  mmmm.  And for those of you who are avoiding carbs... here's a site that has an easy yogurt bagel recipe...

And then it's National Strawberry Ice Cream day.  So...in keeping with the no sugar idea, you can have ice cream, it's just made differently.  If you want some strawberry ice cream, freeze a banana  or two...freeze some strawberries. 
Then in your vita mix (or food processor of choice) you combine them with a little bit of milk - like half cup - (whatever milk you want - skim, coconut, almond...) and wah-lah!  You have strawberry ice cream!  No added sugars besides the natural stuff in the fruit.  You could even sprinkle some dark chocolate on it...add nuts...go crazy! 
side note - don't expect it to taste like the rich creamery ice cream that has tons of cream and sugar in it.  😎  It's going to be smooth, sweet and tasty, that's all we need, right?  😊

Have a great day!!

No comments:

Wow... really??

so - I didn't realize it has been that long since my last post.  I think I kind of gave up on it, knowing I don't have many follower...