Thursday, January 31, 2019

It's Friday!! Well... almost...

Hi all!  We've almost made it.  Has it seemed like a long week to you?  I don't know why some weeks are short and some are long - why we even bother counting them, lol.  What do the lines on a calendar mean anyway???  but - we're here.  It's the end of January and Friday is just around the corner...  My son lives in Minnesota and we were conversing yesterday about being careful in the cold.  It was 20 below where he is at.  Not the wind chill factor, but the actual temperature!!  I don't know how people live there.  Apparently this was warmer than it had been during the night...when it got to 50 below...




one of the weather men did a demonstration on how important it is to bundle up in sub zero tempuratures.  He did it with a banana.  He peeled one and put it out and put another one next to it still in the peel.  Left them for about 3 minutes or so, and then when to investigate.  The peeled one was frozen solid!! The one with peel still on it was soft.  That would be a good science experiment with kids!

anyway - onto the fun stuff....  Yesterday was one of my favorite things...


Croissant Day! I happen to love this flaky, buttery pastry.  Especially dipped in hot chocolate...which is handy today is a celebration of that too, lol.  The continental breakfast used to be fruit, croissant and hot cocoa/coffee.  Now it's sweet rolls, some fruit and whatever else is handy.  UGH.  Most of us here use croissants to have with chicken salad... but I love them plain.  My daughter works at Kneaders (lovely bakery restaurant that it is) and they sell this twice baked version that has cream cheese and almonds...oh my...  it's melt in your mouth yummy!!  You'll have to try them sometime.  But I couldn't let the day go by without encouraging you to have one - even though it was yesterday!!


Inane Answering Message Day - I always have to post the clip from Studio C where Jason is doing voices for his voice mail.  I mean....it's awesome!!  :)




Inspire Your Heart with Art Day - what a wonderful thing!  Being an artist, I feel that art is essential to our well being.  I mean, color is such an important part of our world!  A teacher I work with told me that she has 4 color blind students in her class this year.  4!!!  and one of them has no color...everything is shades of gray.  Can you imagine a world where everything was gray!??  She said that someone told her he was a problem child - and she said to me, wouldn't you be a problem child if your world was gray??  I had to agree - what would be good?  What would lighten your spirit??  Sunsets would all be shades of gray...  flowers would all look the same.  Different shapes, but same colors...  that seems sooooo sad.  I wonder if the special glasses they have made for those that are color blind would work for him?  I would help fund that!!  Anyway - enjoy art today.  Either find a way to see some, or create some.  Here is a clip from Ferris Buellers Day Off where they are in an art museum.  It's a start... 


National Hot Chocolate day!! the fitting way to end the celebrations list...  one of my favorite things.  What is your favorite kind?  Stephens?  homemade?  with whipped cream?  mint flavored?  I think my very favorite is dark chocolate with a hint of orange.  Mint is good too...  LOVE with whipped cream...but marshmallows work to.  My grandchildren love the mini marshmallows.  They think any chilly morning is good for hot chocolate.  I think they're probably right...  I know it doesn't take much for me to want some, that's for sure.  I've often been tempted to buy one of those silly little chocolate machines that only make one or two cups...but they seem so fruitless.  If it's just me, I have the microwave.  If it's my family, we have a large tea kettle that will give everyone hot water.  And if I'm really wanting good stuff, I have a crock pot that will keep it warm all day!!  :)

Well...  Hope you keep warm and have an excellent day.  It's good to be alive!  I'll leave you with  my very favorite scene from Ferris Bueller's Day Off...  Hope you enjoy.  :)



No comments:

Wow... really??

so - I didn't realize it has been that long since my last post.  I think I kind of gave up on it, knowing I don't have many follower...