Wednesday, January 16, 2019

It's Wednesday! Hump Day...and snowing!

Which is my favorite thing!  :)   I was REALLY hoping it would be a snow day, but I should have known better - we don't get that kind of snow anymore.  sigh.   At least we got some!  and we're supposed to keep getting it, so I'm happy, lol.  Did anyone make bagels last night?  I was totally going to and then found some in my bread box.  so...split one with my hubby.  Didn't get to the ice cream bit though - we don't have any frozen bananas right now, dang it.

So - today is finally some fun stuff. 

Appreciate A Dragon Day - If anyone has read the Pern books by Anne McCaffrey, then they know dragons.  Those are the ones I always think about when I think of dragons. There are others...the ones in Harry Potter are a little more dangerous...and scary.  I like the Pern ones better. 
Which book have you read that you like the dragon the most?  How about How to Train Your Dragon??  that one is good too.  This day was started back in 2004 to promote literacy - I think it's an awesome idea.  :)


Civil Service Day - I always comment on this day because my father-in-law was a civil air patrol member.  How many can say that?? Then I found out our neighbor has a daughter who is doing it, and I was impressed.  My father-in-law went all over the globe in his civil air patrol stuff.  I think it's awesome.  What other civil service would you like to mention?  Possibly all those air traffic controllers who still have to work and don't get paid right now...  
 


Fig Newton Day -  Did you know these lovely little cookies have been around since 1891??  It's amazing.  Nabisco was formed really close to that time, and they bought the recipe and marketed it.  My hubby LOVES them.  They are usually reserved for road trips, but I've been convincing him that he can eat them at other times.  Which flavor it your favorite?  He likes the original flavor.  I like the raspberry ones.

National Quinoa Day - If you like grains, then this is probably tops on your list.  I think quinoa is okay, but I don't see the big fuss over it.  They keep saying how it has so much protein and added stuff.  Well...you don't get a whole lot per serving.  And you have to mix it with other stuff to get any real benefit from it.  It does have a little more protein than brown rice per serving, but more carbs and not much less calories.  I figure for 1 cup of grains, I want something that's going to stick to my ribs.  sigh.  I do like it in salads and mixed with rice.

Nothing Day - This is always good.  A day to do whatever you want, or nothing at all.  And you can say you're just following the crowd!  lol.  I love this one video of a man talking about the difference between men and women and how men have a 'nothing' box in their head.  Have you seen that?

It's a little blurry, but it's hilarious. 


Hot and Spicy Food Day - that means if you like hot salsa, you need to enjoy yourself with some spicy stuff and chips.  I'm NOT a hot and spicy food buff, so I won't be celebrating.  I'm a very mild sauce person...  I like having an esophagus.  :)

So - whatever your plans for the day, hope it's a great one.  :)

 

1 comment:

clarissa said...

The Enchanted Forest Chronicles don't count? All the titles have 'dragon' in them!

Wow... really??

so - I didn't realize it has been that long since my last post.  I think I kind of gave up on it, knowing I don't have many follower...